31

October 23, 2022

KD pov.

"What the fuck was that Khalan. You done lost your mind? You pulled out a gun at your sisters facility and you was talking so rude to her. You got 5 minutes to explain." My ma said.

I took a deep breath and sat down on the couch and my mom sat down across from me in a chair. I said a quick prayer in my head and started explaining.

"Ma I don't do what you think I do and pops didn't either. Pops was in charge of one of the biggest drug games on the east coast. He sold drugs, killed anybody who fucked with him or us, and was just straight ruthless. At a young age he trained me to take over when I was older. After school when you thought we was going to a sports practice we was either going to a shooting range or a boxing gym. He hid it from you and Kira to protect y'all. When he got home late some nights and you accused him of cheating he was really out handling business. When pops died I took over at the age of 18." I said.

"No your father worked for a bank. He would never sell drugs. Don't you sit here and lie to my face Khalan." Mrs. Hill said.

"Ma when did u ever go visit him at work. Did you ever see him working at a bank?" I asked.

"Well no but that's because he worked at a luxury bank a hour and thirty minutes away. I didn't have a reason to drive that far. But it doesn't matter, he wouldn't lie to me." She said.

I got up and walked up to the bookshelf by the fire place and tried to find a special book. When I found the book I pulled it back and a hidden wall came out with guns and money. My mom came over beside me and put her hands over her mouth.

"I'm not lying ma, we kept it from you to protect you." I said.

"Does Kira know now?" She asked.

"Yea." I said.

"When and why was she told before me?" She asked.

"I can't tell you ma." I said about to walk away.

"Nah boy you gone tell me right now. You are my child not the other way around. I protect you. Don't tell me and I promise I won't speak to you." Ma said.

"She found out at the age 12. I didn't know she knew till I was 18." I said

"How did my baby find out? How didn't you know she knew if y'all were so close growing up." She asked.

"Sit down." I said.

My mom sat down and stared at me. The only person who knows this is Kira and we took a pledge to never tell anyone even ma. I was about to break our pledge and I felt like shit. I kill niggas every day for not being loyal and here I am not being loyal to my sister. Even though she been on sum weird shit lately I ain't never thought to do no shit like this.

"Well?" My ma said knocking me from my thoughts.

"Keith-"I started to say before my mom interrupted.

"Don't disrespect your father by calling him by his first name." She said.

"That nigga ain't my father. I killed him." I said.

My mother had her hands over her mouth with tears in her eyes. She stood up and slapped me. Then she punched me in my chest.

"You did what? Get the fuck out my house right now. You are a disgrace to this family. You come in here with this bull shit ass story then show a gun shelf which u put there and try to disrespect your father."My ma yelled.

"You ain't even let me explain why I did it." I said.

"Get the fuck out my fuckin house and don't you ever speak to me or this family again. You are dead to me." She said.