13

June 30, 2022

Liyah pov

I woke up and seen all these cords and heard different kind of machines. I tried to move but I couldn't. My whole body hurts.

I looked to my left and saw my granny sleeping and I was so happy but then I looked to the right and KD was sitting in a chair on his phone. I instantly got scared, because why is he here.

I squirmed a little trying to let someone know I had woken up. I started to blink my eyes fast and everything. Then I realized why not just talk.

"Hello." I said with a faint voice.

My grandmother didn't move but KD ass put his phone up to his ear thinking it came from his phone.

"Hello." I said again a little louder.

That's when KD looked at me. We held eye contact for a few minutes until he finally got up and pushed my nurse button. I smiled at him but he just had that mug he always has on his face.

"KD why did you push the nurse button?" Kira said walking in with Asia.

"She's awake Kira." KD said as he put his hands in his pockets.

That's when Kira and Asia both looked at me with big smiles. l smiled back. There smiles were so big though. I wonder how long I was sleep.

"Bae." Kira said as she started crying.

"Bestieeeee." Asia said with a huge smile.

"Hey guys, why are you crying Kira I surely wasn't sleep that long." I said with a smile.

I looked over at KD and he was back on his phone. He then walked over to where my granny was and woke her up.

"Liyah pooh. How are you feeling baby?" My granny said shedding a few tears.

"Im fine granny." I said with a confused face.

"Why are y'all acting like this. What happened to me?" I asked concerned.

Everyone in the room fell quiet. They all looked at each other but no one answered my question.

"Helloo. Y'all can't hear now?" I asked annoyed.

"You don't remember?" Asia said with tears in her eyes.

"remember wha-."

I looked down at my body and saw all my bruises. I saw my arm cast and I instantly remembered everything. I broke down crying.

"shhhh its okay granny baby we are gonna find this man and put him behind bars." My granny said as she hugged me.

"No granny, we will just leave it alone. I don't want to get you involved. He's dangerous." I said still crying.

"No we will. I already gave the police a statement and told them who hurt you. You just have to tell them your side." My granny said.

"No why would you do that. Tell them it was a misunderstanding and i'm not pressing charges. You don't know my situation. No one in this room does. I have been living through this for months and where were y'all then. Never came to see me. Even stopped calling at one point." I said as my sad tears started to turn into angry tears.

"Don't talk to Mrs Turner like that she is your grandmother. We stopped by for weeks but every time Q came to the door claiming you didn't want to see us. We tried Liyah. We even called you several times. Eventually my number was blocked. Which was done by Q and you didn't know. Your grandmother is just trying to look out for you." Kira said

"I'm sorry granny but please do not go to the police." I said

"Okay we won't but what happened to you Liyah? Why didn't you leave? Why didn't you fight?" My granny asked.

"I can't answer something I don't know myself and I really don't wanna talk about it. I just wanna get out of here." I said pulling cords from my body.

"You can't Liyah. Its not just you anymore." Asia said.

"I know. I didn't think it would live after everything that was happening but you saying that i'm guessing it did." I said

"yea" Kira said

"Okay I still want to leave and why the hell is he here?" I asked curious considering he doesn't even like me.

"You right i'm gone." KD said as he picked up his jacket.

"Liyah don't be so rude he has helped me while you were out." My granny said.

"Im sorry I didn't mean to sound rude i was just asking. Can you bring the doctor in here so I can leave. I gotta go get my things." I said sitting up.

"Okay but we're coming with you." Kira said.

"Liyah." Jas said with tears in her eyes as she walked in with coffee.

"Hey Jas." I said with a smile.

"How are you feeling?" Jas said as she came over and hugged me.

"Im fine just trying to get out of here and get my stuff." I said as I hugged her back.

When Jas came in the whole feeling in this room changed. I looked at Kira and Asia body language and it wasn't it. Kira's face had a attitude and Asia looked annoyed. I don't like that. They don't even know Jasmine yet they think she is shady. Definitely going to have to change if we continue to be friends.

"Well there are 3 nurses in the room and 2 of them are on the clock I bet someone can get a doctor in here." Jas said laughing.

Kira and Asia both rolled there eyes and did a fake laugh. My granny was confused and KD was just standing there. Still don't understand why he ain't left but okay.

***
Later on that day. 4:30 Pm

"Thank You Dr. Angelo and I will rest." I said as I was finna walk out the hospital.

Kira, Asia, Jasmine and I were finna go get my things. Kira asked her brother to come but I said that wouldn't be necessary because Q probably wasn't at home, but knowing KD he will be watching. He so protective over Kira.

Kira and Asia rode in their own cars and I rode with Jas.

"What the fuck happened. Why y'all was acting like that towards each other?" I asked leaning the seat back.

"Liyah you know how them bitches are. They always think imma against you and that I'm on some shady shit. I can't stand Kira." Jas said

"Im going to talk to them Jas. I don't understand that either." I said

"No its okay I can handle them. I just want you to get better and have a better life. Im tired of you going through stuff like this." Jas said reaching for my hand.

"Its the life God wanted me to live. Im used to these things now. I thought I found the right man turns out he was like the rest. The only thing that makes me sad is that he is the father of my baby." I said as I hurried and wiped a tear before Jas could see.

"No he just the sperm donor that bitch ass nigga could never." Jas said

"I love you best friend." I said as I laughed

"I love you too." Jas said

—————————————————
How was chapter 13?

How will going to get Liyah's things go?

sorry for typos, more chapters on the way!!