15

July 3, 2022

Liyah Pov

I've been laying in bed for 3 days straight

I've been laying in bed for 3 days straight. Lets just say eating and crying are what i'm best at. I thought leaving Q would make me happy yet I still feel the same.

I'm so tired yet I can't sleep. Nightmares every night of what those niggas did to me. Q was right. I might not be with him but he definitely owns me. He haunts me everyday and this baby is a constant reminder of him.

"Liyah, i'm going to the store if you need me for anything just call." Kira yelled from the living room.

"Okay I will. Be safe." I said sighing.

*** 30 mins later.

I laid in my bed watching love and basketball when my stomach started to growl. I rubbed my belly and sighed. Even though I wasn't hungry I knew my baby was. I went in the kitchen and was finna get out the bread and cheese to make grilled cheese when I heard a key enter the door, but I knew Kira couldn't be back yet considering the store is 20 mins away from her house.

I looked in the kitchen drawer and got a knife. I hid behind the kitchen island and prayed it was just Kira and she forgot something and came back early.

I heard the door open and close. A tear fell from my eyes. I heard foot steps get closer and closer to me. I waited till i saw the persons shadow then I got up and was about to stab the person until my wrist was grabbed.

"What the fuck are you doing girl" KD said as he squeezed my wrist making me drop the knife.

I didn't say anything. I ran to the trash can and threw up.

"You good?" KD said pulling my hair back.

"Don't fucking touch me." I said moving away from the trash can fast.

KD just stared at me with this mug. I could tell he didn't like what I said.

"I was just tryna help but you got it." KD said finna walk away.

"I'm sorry, I just don't like people touching me." I said walking to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I was about to go back to making my grilled cheese when I seen KD walk in Kira room.

"What the hell are you doing in here. Stealing from your own sister?" I said as I watched him look through her things.

He started laughing and I don't know why but it made me so mad. These hormones are killing me.

"Why the fuck are you laughing. I asked you a question." I said mad.

"Don't act like you don't know what I do. You know I ain't gotta steal shit." KD said as he went in Kira closet.

"What are you looking for?" I said as I followed him in her closet.

He didn't say anything.

"What are you looking for KD." I said again louder.

"A family book for my ma." KD said yelling.

"You ain't gotta yell. Its in the living room at the top of the coat closet." I said walking away.

I went back to the kitchen and started making my grilled cheese. That mf get on my nerves. Yea I was mean telling him not to touch me but I apologized.

I watched as he walked in the living room going into the closet. He pulled out the family book. I thought he was finally finna leave but his ass sat on the couch and started looking at the pictures.

"Aye how you know it was up there?" KD asked.

"I saw it as I was putting some of my coats in the closet." I said as i flipped my grilled cheese.

I finished making my grilled cheese and went straight to my room. I heard the door open and close and assumed he left. Until I heard Kira talking.

After eating I started watching tv again and regretting that I told Kira and my granny that I would get out for the 4th of July. Kira's family is having a gathering at her moms house and she invited us. 10 mins later and I drifted off to sleep.

***
Kira Pov

I hated being stuck in traffic. Shit really irritating. I say that but every time i pass the accident its so sad. Liyah probably wondering why it's taking me so long but I told her to call if something was wrong.

15 mins later I was pulling into my condo parking lot. Im glad I didn't get a lot of groceries because who making two trips? I put my key in the door and opened it. I walked in the kitchen and sat the bags down.

"Finally. Where yo ass been." KD said as he was sitting on the couch.

"Dumbass don't scare me like that. Why you here." I said holding my chest.

"You sound like ma. I can't come visit my sister." KD said flipping the pages to some book.

"Yes you can always come see me but you rarely do so i know u want something but it look like you already found it. What is that." I said taking the things I got out the bag.

"Our family photo book. Ma told me to come get it since you took it when you moved. I hate that our punk ass father still in this book." KD said with a mug on his face.

"I do too. I can't even look at that book anymore I took it by accident and just forgot to take it back. But you know theres nothing we can do about it considering we never told ma what happened." I said

"Yea, it would have broke her heart and I didn't want to see her like dat." KD said standing up.

"Has Liyah came out her room?" I asked

"She was in the kitchen when I first came even tried to stab a nigga. When she realized it was just me she threw up. I tried to help her by holding her hair and she said don't fucking touch me." KD said looking in my pantry.

"Please tell me you didn't yell back at her. You know what she's been through and I think it's more that happened to her too. Also get the fuck out my pantry stealing my snacks." I said swatting at his hands.

"Shut the fuck up. I didn't yell at her then but I did later on." KD said opening a bag of chips.

"Why KD omg" I said pushing him.

"Chill out man. She was tryna say i was stealing from you. When I was looking for the book. I went in yo closet and she kept asking what i was looking fa so i yelled and said a book. Don't be pushing me girl." KD said

"Oh and hush. You going to ma lil barbecue tomorrow?" I asked opening the fridge to get a gatorade.

"Yea but not fa long. I got some business to handle tomorrow." KD said picking up his keys.

"Okay and be careful please." I said walking to the door.

"I will. I love you." KD said heading out the door.

"I love you too." I said closing the door behind him.

—————————————————

How was chapter 15?

Sorry for any typos.