Chapter 1

Author's Note- This is my first chapter and my first time as an author.Idk if their is a drill to be a good writer but I like it. I will really appreciate your comments and  suggestions.

                     -Mishika's POV-

Sunlight peeped through the windows trying to penetrate my eyelids as I pulled the cover to my face,hoping to get a few more minutes of sleep.Days like these make me wish I was never a Doctor. Don't get me wrong, I love being a Doctor. I have dreamed of it since the day my father brought me a toy doctor set and I used to move around with the set tucked under my arm,checking the breathing of my family with stethoscope and injecting a fake syringe. But I am definitely not made for extreme late night and early morning calls.
"Sometimes I wish you were a bit more fun and outgoing and ohhhh! The fun we would have." says Natalie,my best friend and a cardiologist in the same hospital as I work. And I do agree with her. Living with my strict Indian family for 18 years has made me the most uptight person. I love my parents but only to an extent where they do not weigh my happiness with measurements of society's rule book.
"Don't have sex before marriage and marry the guy you father selects for you." Mumma says one fine day. Even after living my life in borderline sanity, I am not my family's favorite. I had sex with my ex-boyfriend,I rejected every guy my father selected for me,I have a strong-will and a smart mouth that doesn't go well with the male ego. Thus, I used my studies to escape from my family's clutches and completed my degree at Poland.

"Lado(someone like a daughter), get up you are gonna be late", Aaji's( someone like a grandmother) sharp Indian accent hit my ears and I shot up straight,took a quick shower and wore a pair of flared jeans and pink corset top with ribbons on shoulder and went down to table,taking big bits out of my sandwich and gulping down the juice.

"You know the guy on 2nd floor, what's his name M..Morris! I met him at the garden yesterday and he seemed so interested in you and asked me about you. I think you should"-"stop trying to set me up with guys you think are handsome."i said cutting her off with a fake smile on my face.
"I just care about you."Aaji said having a seat and cupping her chin with her palms with a drooping expression. She was no less than 50 when I found her on the streets after her husband died. Now she lives with me and takes care of all the household chores.
"I know you care about me but you need to relax. Everything happens when it's time for it. Take care of yourself and Bruno." I patted her cheek with a side kiss and left for hospital. Bruno is my pet dog.

                    -Michael's POV-

"We will kill as many guys we can,no mercy,those bastards need to know that never mess with Mancini's shipments." All the guys nodded in unison.
"But hermano,don't you think we should have brought the whole team?" My younger brother,Mason asked.
"No,we will have to move fast and silently before Morelli gets to act. Besides Mancini brothers with Jason and Nick are enough to beat these leeches." I said as we made our way to a dark alleyway,guns drawn out and ready to shoot at any sign of movement.
BAM! Jason shot a guard at the entrance. BAM! BAM! We shot two guards approaching us. Within minutes, around 20 bodies piled up as we stood at the door observing a man no less than 6ft,smoking a cigarette.
"Boss,this guy is Morelli's right hand in-command and responsible to steal our drugs." Nick informed.
"OK, Mason and Nick,you take all the containers and load them in the car. Jason and I are going to kill this bastard."
We barged open the door and pulled the guy by his collar before he could process what was happening.But then he broke into an evil grin.
"Boss knew you would show up,his plan was successful." I punched him I the face and said, " Your boss is a coward,always sending his dogs to do his dirty work and doing these cheap tricks to show that he still has power."
The guy's grin broadened revealing his bloody teeth,"Boss is going to kill you now." BAM! The guy fell on the floor.

And suddenly,I felt an excruciating pain in my arm and my gun slipped. I grabbed my arm to see it covered in blood. I was shot.
"Hello there Michael,long time no see." I turned to see Morelli,his gun drawn out pointed at me.
" Still attacking from the back coward,guess nothing has changed."
BAM! BAM! He aimed one at my chest and another one at my stomach.
I dodged one of it but didn't get so lucky with the one that hit my chest but I had already grabbed my gun. I pointed it towards that fucker as my vision got dizzier by each second and pain crippling through my nerves,wringing out every ounce of blood. Without wasting any time,I shot two bullets and all I could remember was someone falling on the floor with a thud.
And I closed my eyes.