Chapter 18

~Michael's POV~

"Anyways,I am here to tell you that I had never turned my back on you. When I started working for McLaggen, I had no idea he would ask me to hunt you. But I won't." Vincent said without any twitching doubt.

"I would never point a gun at you let alone kill you. I am here to tell you that McLaggen is coming to Poland in 3 days. On the night he arrives,he will be at a strip club in underworld. That place will be a fucking orgy so none of his men would be their except me." He winked at me.

I didn't want to trust him but we were friends since 11. I know that he wouldn't throw that away for money.

"Care to know the name?" He said.

"If you think that I was waiting for your help,then you are in denial. But thankyou for the confirmation and for clearing my way."
I have an army of men who are fucking strong and smart. I don't rely on others to get my work done,I get it done myself.

"Very well then,I have a deathbed to prepare." He walked towards the door but stopped midway.

"Can I apologize to your Donna first?"
My Donna. Damn right she is! But my eyes widened. The most famous assassin apologizing to a woman... that would take a full blow on his machismo.

I guided him to her room and gently opened the door. She was smiling in between her tears at some joke Mason cracked. She was phenomenal but the pain was like a disaster, a hand-crafted one. I hated that she had so much to suffer,and then tolerate my shit.

"Mi vida, would you like to meet someone?" I spoke softly.

Her eyes lit up at my voice and she looked at me like a child looked at stars with confusion. Vincent walked in and her expressions switched to alarmed.
"You can relax. I am not here to kill you,infact,I am not here to kill anyone."
Vincent said.

"How do you know him?" She asked me with betrayal on her face.

"We are friends since 11, let's just say that I was here to remind him that."
Vincent answered for me.

"And how do you know Brian?" This was for Vincent himself.

"He was thirsty for your blood and he went to any lengths for it. Did you kill his family or something?"

She stood up and watched her move closer to him,at a distance to punch him square enough. Fucking Goddess I could promise that.

"I don't kill people. I do not even hurt people. I save them. I am a doctor you see." She stated calmly.

Vincent twisted his head and gave me a shrewd look. He turned back at her and I prayed he doesn't hurl up anything.

"I hope we meet again on better terms." He said and shook her hand.

He followed me to the door and before departing he turned around and said,
"Out of all women you can have on your feet,you chose the innocent one?"

"That is why. She doesn't throw herself on me. She knows her worth and wouldn't lower it for anyone." I said proudly.

"Well,be ready to see hatred in her eyes as well because she wouldn't put up with a killer like you." And left.

No matter how hard I wanted to punch Vincent for what he said,it was the truth. She would never want to look at me if she ever knew who I was really.

I went to her room again and Mason left tapping my shoulder. She looked up at me beaming but soon her expressions changed into melancholic. As if she was in deep regret about something,contemplating her decisions.