Chapter 31

~Mishika's POV~

"Walk faster. Just because you are pregnant doesn't mean I am going to be soft." A snarky voice reached my attention and I saw a man pushing a woman to walk faster. Why the hell would he treat her like that?

"Excuse me,we need an abortion." The man reached upto me and said. I was going to argue with him,tell him to fucking consult a gynecologist first. But the way he treated the woman, my words wouldn't get through his thick skull.

The girl looked very young,her skin pale and she looked severely malnourished. Her whole body was shivering and she wouldn't dare to look up at the man even if his back was at her. Either she was scared of him or this was being forced on her.

"Right this way,sir." I said and leaded them to Dr Vera's office.
"Dr Vera, a patient needs some help." I slowly opened her office door and said. She nodded and I let them in. The man weirdly checked each and every crevice of the office as if looking for hidden cameras or guns. Their was something so wrong in his aura,it could be sensed from a mile.

I was closing the door back again but Dr Vera interrupted.
"Dr Ahuja, I could really use your help right now if you do not have any appointments."

The girl turned a sympathetic look towards me and I couldn't think buy feel the need to be nice to her even for a few damn minutes.
"Sure."

I helped her into one of the dress-gowns and begun checking for all her vitals. Not only she was malnourished but she also had several bruise marks on her body. Did he abuse her? God, i need to help her out.

"What is your name?" I whispered gently. She hesitated for a moment until she finally looked up and stuttered, "E-Eloise."

I was stumped. Michael said her sister's name was also Eloise. But that couldn't be true right? I mean,so many people have that name. But how do you ignore the honey brown hair that matched exactly with Esmeralda or the Michael's ocean blue eyes?

"Where's your family?" I whispered even more softly, making sure the tyrant sitting outside doesn't hear a whisper.

"I don't... have good relations with them." She stuttered again,stealing rapid glances at the doorway and behind the curtains. She was scared as hell.

I felt bad. I felt guilty for having everything she wasn't lucky enough to get. A loving family, a brother and probably the best boyfriend. I wished I could take her with me. I am sure Michael wouldn't mind having her at his huge mansion.

After I made a report of all her vitals and the ultrasound, I tore a piece of paper and wrote down my number on it. I folded it into smallest bit and slipped into her jeans pocket.
"You need anything, anytime. Just give me a call or a text. I will be happy to help." I squeezed her palms.

Her eyes teared up but she accepted the the number and folded it into the smallest size and tucked it into her bra.
Man, that guy really must be torchuring this woman.

I helped her change back into her dress and guided her back into Dr Vera's office. Clumsily,she sat down on the chair next to the arrogant man as I handed Dr Vera the ultrasound reports.

"The baby looks quite healthy, Mr Toricelli. Are you sure that you want to get this baby aborted?" Dr Vera quirked her eyebrows at him and he looked over to Eloise. She shivered and nodded her head in a yes. She was being forced into this. I could feel it. But if the mother of the child said yes, no doctors could argue with her. Our hands were simply tied until she spoke up against Toricelli.

"Very well,I am going to schedule an appointment for next week." Dr Vera said and soon after they left.

I drive back home only to witness Michael in his worst possible temper. The helpers remain unseen behind the kitchen doors or at the outhouse as two burly men stand before with their heads bowed down while he cruelly informs them about their incompetence.

Then there are alot of pictures and loose papers, like alot, lying on the floor. I walk into the living room and swiftly picked up a photograph from the floor. I had to be very swift because Michael was very protective of his work life from me. If he saw me picking this up,he was going to throw another fit.

It was a woman. Not any woman. It was the Eloise who has visited Dr Vera's office with that man.
Eloise Mancini
3:05 pm
The little information stamped on the corner of the photograph destroyed my world. The woman in the hospital, she was none other than Eloise Mancini. She was Michael's sister.

My knees gave up as I lost my balance and slipped to the floor with my hands trembling with the picture in my hands.

Michael hurriedly walked towards me and gripped my hands in his.