Chapter 32

~Michael's POV~

"What is it, mi Vida?" Her hands were trembling violently with the picture of Eloise she picked up from the floor. Her eyes were filled with tears that but the pain was nothing compared to the horror in her eye.

It was as if the creature from her nightmares who haunted her day and night, was standing right infront of her.

"Michael...I..." She exchanged her vision between me and the picture like she wanted to tell me so much but something was gnawing on her insides, feeding on her. We were still on the floor, the documents flying haywire in the living room and the servants in some bloody dark corner of the house to escape my wrath.

"What?" I screamed and she flinched. Fuck,I didn't mean to scream but this extended anticipation was juggling with my patience. I was worried about her,worried about the piece of information that was tormenting her.

"I...know her." She said in between her sobs, her eyes taking the shade of blood
"Yeah, I must have shown you her picture before. That's alright."

"No,no,no you don't understand, Michael. I..I know her. I have met her." She said,squeezing my rough tatted hands with her smooth,small ones.

"Where?"

"Today, at the hospital." Her head dipped in her chest and she bit her lips and closed her eyes. She was not scared. She was guilty.

A blinding fit of fury and absolute disgust possessed me. It made me want to destroy everything,kill everyone and not even care to wash their filthy blood off my hands. My sister was right here. So close. So damn close. But she was taken from right under my nose. Again.

But this time it was Mishika who let her go, it was the woman I believe to be my haven, who let me fail again. Made me believe that I was powerless all over again.

I got up on my feet. I expected them to wobble and they did wobble but with the weight of the monstrous rage building inside me. I had to kill someone. I had to get away from her.

"You had her with you but you let her go?" I seethed furiously.

"I swear,Michael. I didn't know what she looked like. I had never seen any pictures of her before today." She assured but i felt betrayed. I felt bring forced down on my knees to strip Mr off my dignity but this time, she had left my corner.

"You failed me,Mishika. You let me fail again this time." I said.

"Michael,that's not fair. Please don't do this to me." She cried and begged but how could I possibly forget this?

"You know what's not fair? My sister living the nightmare everyday for the past 2 years, begging for mercy to that monster. But you would never understand her pain. Never. Because I would never treat you so bad or let anyone treat you like that."

With that, I stormed off towards the exit of the mansion but her little voice stopped me again.
"Michael, please don't leave."

Some part of me wanted to drag myself back to her, stay with her, let her dark thundering eyes promise me of sunshines. But that part was ridiculously stupid, infatuated perhaps. The real me needed an outlet, blood on my hands and her out of my sight. So, without turning around, I left.

It was 2 am in the night. Darkness blanketed the night, the darkness that threatened to sweep out my existence but the violent fire danced away in the darkness,lapping every goddamn inch of the penthouse and tamed my beast.
I had burned down the penthouse in Shadow Port, Kincaid had mentioned. But not before shooting the 5 men in the house,directly in their eyes.

It was supposed to be exhilarating, it was supposed to fuel my strength and my power. But it didn't. It was like just another silly murder for me. My rage remained unsatiated.
It took me 5 hours of denial, burning a house down to realise that I never wanted this. I wanted her. I didn't want to stomp out like the devilish ogre or drive an hour for this. All I wanted was her warmth,her soft touches.

But with the things I said to her, she would probably never want to see my face again. I blamed her for something that had nothing to do with her. Rafael Toricelli was there. I should have been thankful I didn't lose her as well. But I sowed guilt within her and walked out.

I don't care anymore. I will apologize to her, beg her to forgive me. But I want her.

~Mishika's POV~

I woke up with a startle. I imagined the room door shutting. Doesn't surprise me though. That's what I have been dreaming all night. Michael coming back. It would be okay if he is still mad at me but I prayed that he was safe. That he didn't let his fury drive him to the cliff.

He was right. It was my fault. Even though, I had no idea who she was, I knew she was being treated horribly. I could feel her fear and her pain and her loneliness. I should have meddled. I should have used my entitled life and provided some of it to her. But I didn't. She said she was fine and I let it go. My mother always taught me that we cannot fight someone else's battles for them but I could share my strength with them, give them that little pat of courage and the will to fight. I just had to take her away with me and set her free from that pathetic excuse of a man.

The mattress dipped beneath my feet. But I didn't pay attention to that. I was hallucinating all night. Imagining his touch, his strong presence, just him.
I clutched the neck of his sweatshirt i was wearing and inhaled deeply. I tried to fall asleep. I closed my eyes tight, in the promise of waking up to him near me and dipped into the pillow.

But a harsh light made my eyelids glutter open. Someone had turned on the light on my side of the nightstand. I jumped-kicked myself up and saw him sitting on the edge of the bed.

It was him. Not my hallucinations.

He was 100% real right now.

He was looking dark and almost villainous, his shirt had specks of soot and he smelled of smoke. He was not okay. Was he going to break up with me? Tell me that we need to talk?

"Michael, are you okay?I was so worried for you." I said, pushing my untamed hair back.

"Can I get a hug?" He whispered. And in this moment, ladies and gentlemen, I froze. It was like he had paused time with a blink of his eye. He never asked for hugs. Never. He was beyond every level of PDA. He didn't like intimate touches or anything that would threaten his emotional invulnerability.
Kisses and sex was different but hugs? It was intimate,it was heartfelt.

"Ofcourse you can." I got on my knees and threw myself around his neck. He wrapped his gigantic hands around my back and pulled me towards him, straddling his legs. For the first time ever, this wasn't something possessive or sexual. It was peaceful.

"I want you." He whispered and tightened his grip around me.
"You have me." I promised, and kissed him softly on his neck.

"Say that again." He demanded.
"I am yours,Michael." I retrieved my face from his neck and kissed his face.

"You were awake for me?"

"Yes, ofcourse, I was. How could I sleep knowing you might be on your way to self-destruction?" I playfully smacked his head but he only tugged me harder into him and made me squeal in pure euphoria. Was this feeling normal? Being so close to him and seeing him at his most vulnerable moment?

I wanted to ask him about everything he did in those 4 hours but I couldn't. Not right now. He was vulnerable and for the first time in his whole life, he was letting someone else witness it.

"You need to shower." I whispered against him.

"We need to shower." He asserted with his irritatingly bossy tone and picked me in his arms and walked into the washroom.

Hello beautiful people,sorry for the delay but here is your Christmas gift, a double upload.