Chapter 11

~Michael's POV~

"Drop the knife mi Vida."
"Shutup! Just shutup! You were my biggest mistake." Regret and pain filled her eyes. I was really a monster.She was the first woman who cared about me and I treated her like I treated the women searching for sugar daddies.

I took a few steps towards her but she stood their,staring furiously.
"I am sorry mi Vida. Their is no excuse for what I did but I am incapable of leaving you now." I spoke honestly.

"You made your decision the day you left and now I will make mine." She stepped closer to me,knife at the ready.

I took a small leap at her and grabbed hold of her armed hand and with a strong jolt,the knife went flying to the floor and I pulled her closer to me. My arms tight around her waist,so close that our foreheads were crushed against each other. She was breathing heavily but slowly it came in sync with me.Her hands that were resting on my chest, now started hitting me.
"You ass
HIT
"Fool"
HIT
"I was worried sick but
HIT
"You went clubbing."
HIT
"I hate you."
She tried to hold her tears but broke down crying and wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her chin on my shoulder,crying. I was stunned. I had seen blood in her eyes for me but now she was seeking comfort in my arms. Guilt took over me as I pulled her closer and tighter.

This girl was different from the one I left,she showed everything she felt- her rage,her tears unlike the one who wouldn't show much of her heart. It was like she opened her gentle heart to me,let me inside those walls she built and now, I am not leaving no matter the consequence.

If I could hold her in my arms forever, I would do it without hesitating. Her touch was filled with warmth and love that was melting my cold heart and invading my darkness. The sparks I felt were real,my nerves have started a ball among themselves. Surviving all the bullets and wounds all my lifetime was made worthy by this moment.

"I need you to trust me when I say this, I wasn't fooling around at the club. I was really attending my business. It was an emergency and everything was a rush." I told her reassuringly.

"But you could have atleast informed about it or dropped a text." She was still in a tight hug, almost trying to choke me but I felt like I was finally breathing.

"I figured you wouldn't care about me since you find this Carter guy so perfect." The words had stung me like venom.

"You overheard it?!" I nodded.
She was now facing me,looking straight my eyes. Pure Innocence!
"So no one taught Mr Smarty Pants to listen to the complete sentence and not form assumptions midway." She smiled.

"You said he was perfect."
"I also said that even though he is the guy I should be with,my heart does not want him anything more than a friend." She shoved my head and her smile grew wider.

" I thought you left us,Michael." A happy voice boomed in the room. It was Devika,she squeaked happily.
Mishika pulled away immediately and her expressions had a hint of guilt as she wouldn't meet my eyes. Devika!!

"I am never going to leave." I gave here a warm smile.

"Are you hungry?" She asked.
"Starving!" I really hadn't eaten much food since breakfast just 3 glasses of scotch.

"Okay you get changed,I will make you dinner." She squeaked happily. This woman is always happy for some reason.

"It's okay,Aaji. I got it. You should go back to sleep." Mishika interrupted her and I gazed at her admiringly.