Chapter 16

~Michael's POV~

"Boss we sent Penault a message almost a week ago and he hasn't responded yet. Moreover, we are not sure where exactly are we going to kill McLaggen." Nick informed as I circled a fucker who was on his knees,begging for his life. He had stolen our guns and cash. Normally I let my men handle such petty cases but it's been long since I had blood on my hands. If by any chance,he would have a less painful death, Nick's little piece of information striked that out.

I pulled out my gun as that leech began wailing and begged at my feet. I kicked him away and he fell on the floor. I have never faced any struggle before. I have always been perfect at everything but if disappointment has tried to mess with me,it will be dealt with my way.

I kneeled slightly and forced his mouth to open up big enough to fit the entrance of the gun. Terror screamed in his eyes that gave me insane pleasure.
"Goodbye." I whispered and shot him in this mouth. Blood spluttered all over my face and shirt.

Usually I would release all my daily anger by fucking some slut but now I am in a relationship so I have to stay loyal. Why? Why did I think that this was a good idea? Why did I start something that is so impossible to keep? I drove home as fast as I could and sat on my bed,contemplating every decision that I took in past few weeks.

Mishika entered the room and I could feel her eyes scan all of me,my heavy breathing, my sweaty temples,my clenched fist. She quietly sat near me and gently rubbed my bicep as I looked down at the floor.
"Bad day?" She cooed.
"Why did you agree for this? For us?" I looked up at her.

"Because I wanted to."
"No one wants to be with me except for money." Shit,I fucking said that.

"Well I don't want anything to do with your money. I am an independent woman and I don't need a man to fulfill my needs." She raised her voice.

"Lies, you too, is here for my money. No one loves me. No one can love me. It's always some kind of benefit they are looking for."

"Well I wasn't the one who came running to the club after watching me with another guy. I wasn't the one who claimed you my boyfriend. I wasn't the one who initiated the kiss." She looked seriously offended and hurt.

I had no control on my rage like someone had rattled my cage.
"Yes,I did. But now I regret it. All of it."
I spoke out aloud and clear for even the tiny moth on the window sill to understand my words. Guilt crept inside me. No I don't regret. Why the fuck did I say that?

Her head dropped as she tried to hide her tears from me. She was hurt,badly hurt and this time I am wholly responsible. She got up from my side and headed to the door.
"Well,it's amazing that you have realised early. Saved both of our time and energy." She said before closing the door.

Fucking hell! I didn't mean it, I didn't mean a single word of it yet I released all of my pent-up anger on her. I punched the wall with bare hands,watching it bleed in peace.

~Mishika's POV ~

It was 9 am in the morning and I was still in my bed,staring at the white cloudy sky as sunshine filled my room. I had no appointments today but I will go to hospital. I can't see his face anymore. He regrets me,he regrets us.

I think I deserved it,for being so blindly kind and loving almost like a dunderhead. But it is terrorizing how a person can ask you to move in with him one day and then call you a gold-digger the other. He called me his possession and then regrets doing so. Now I was in a dilemma as to which Michael should I believe in. Even a chameleon doesn't switch his colours so fast.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts and Aaji walked in with a cup of coffee and set it on the bedside table. I didn't even bother to look up.
"Wanna talk about it?"
"Their is nothing to talk about." I stated bluntly.
"You cannot hide the connection you had Lado. Your eyes spoke a thousand words even when your lips were still."