Kabanata 21🎵

"Where did you go this morning?" Jihyo automatically asked you the moment you placed your tray of food on the table. She's looking at you suspiciously while hands are crossed, stopping on eating just to face you a bit.

"Eh? Me?" You asked and she nodded

You bit your lip and slowly sat on the empty seat beside Dahyun who quickly tried to hide her laugh by looking down on her food.

You stepped on Lisa's foot when she started giggling, gesturing her to shut up.

"A-ah me? I h-help... help.. Ah! I helped an old woman to cross the road this morning. Hehe." You answered as Jihyo narrow her eyes, still suspicious at you.

"For hours?" she raise a brow

You were speechless. The girls silently giggle at your face as you just hide your nervousness with a wide smile, trying to tame her with your charm.

"O-of course! She's old so she walk slowly." You said with a cheeky smile.

Mina was the first one to burst into laughing followed by the others. Irene is just playing with her food, hiding her wide smile as she's just looking down.

You just pouted and secretly glare at them.

"Be thankful that you're cute. I already know that you just slept on a random corner of the campus-- even the library. Tsk tsk." Jihyo shook her head disappointingly, picking up her chopsticks again to continue her food. "I'll just let you go off the hook this once."

Your smile widen again as you also started to eat your food, "Thanks Jihyo-ah. I don't want to have another offense slip and punishment with me again." you chuckled and proceeds to eat.

The last time she gave you a punishment, your body was wornout because of tiredness. Jihyo is such a strict council president. Her punishment is not that normal, it's literally a nightmare.

"But I wanted to ask.." she spoke again, hanging the chopsticks on her hand before looking at you.

"Hmm?"

"..Is everything okay? I just noticed that you look awfully exhausted since this morning. Is it connected to what happened the other day?"

You immediately stop chewing your food and look at Jihyo blankly, placing your chopsticks on your plate before glancing at Jihyo while resting a hand on your cheeks.

Irene secretly glance at you after hearing Jihyo that she also noticed the same thing. It just bother her so she's really interested in your answer. What could be the reason why you look exhausted when she saw you inside the library, sleeping?

"Maybe.." You sighed before smiling at them. "But it's not something bad. I just have to fix some matters that's why I resulted to have no sleep at all."

"Good thing to hear that." Jihyo smiles before continue eating her food, "Glad that it's not something bad."

"Yeah, we're so worried." Wendy said

"Sorry to make you all worried but it's really not something bad. Actually, it's the opposite."

"Really? Care to tell us?" Chaeyoung excitedly said but you just chuckle and shrug your shoulders.