Kabanata 28🎵

"Just drop me here."

"But miss. I was told to accompany you especially if its late-"

"I'm fine, really. You can wait for me here or even watch here in a distance. I'm just going inside that store. I need to check on something." Irene reassured her driver with a smile, concealing her irritation.

Irene spent several minutes persuading her driver to allow her some freedom without constant surveillance. Following a previous incident, her security measures had significantly increased as per her father's request.

Noticing her driver's resistance, Irene resorted to a stern gaze, causing the man to quickly relent and nervously step back.

"G-got it, m-a'am. I'll just w-wait for you here."

"Good." Irene huff before getting out of the van.

She patiently waited for the traffic to clear before dashing across the street, heading straight to the somewhat familiar convenience store ahead.

It's really hard to fight yourself, right?

Irene had been contemplating a visit to the store since earlier, conflicted after seeing Mina's post on Twitter about an answer to her question. The internal struggle continued as she debated whether or not to go.

The earlier events sparked a subtle craving for interaction with a specific person in Irene's mind. After some hesitation, she finally gave in and chose to escape from home, making her way to a convenience store to visit someone.

Releasing a heavy breath, Irene pushed open the store entrance, her eyes swiftly scanning the surroundings in search of her newfound favorite pair of eyes.

"Good evening, Ma'am! How can I help you?" Irene abruptly halted as she was greeted by an unfamiliar guy standing at the counter, wearing a welcoming smile.

Ignoring the guy, Irene began walking through the store, meticulously checking every area in her quest to find the specific reason that brought her there.

Disappointed by not finding the person she was looking for, Irene sighed and was about to leave the store when the guy at the counter once again attempted to grab her attention.

"Are you perhaps searching for someone?" He asked curiously.

Irene hesitated but then gave in, "Yeah.. It's a girl who often works here in this time of shift-"

"Ah! You're searching for Y/n, right?" The guy smiled while pointing at her which made the latter immediately nodded.

"Have you seen her?" Irene asked almost desperately.

"Yes! It's really supposed to be her time of shift but someone excused her to our boss so, I have no choice but to fill in for her this time. She's super rich.." he explained while whispering the last words.

"She..? Someone excused her?" Irene asked confusedly, her brows meeting in annoyance at his words.

"U-uhh.. yes. She's really pretty!" Expressing fondness, the guy exclaimed, unknowingly irking Irene a bit more when he revealed that the subject of his enthusiasm was a pretty girl.