Chapter 3

Michael Emerson

in his late teens and his younger brother Sam,

a victim of too many afternoons in shopping malls and watching Brat pack movies, walk across the beach, around the burning bonfires

a victim of too many afternoons in shopping malls and watching Brat pack movies, walk across the beach, around the burning bonfires. They hadn't been to Sant Carla since they were kids. They had just moved to Santa Carla from Phoenix after their mother divorced their father. The beach is crowded. Greg and the Surf Nazis hang out. It is all very strange and exciting to Sam and Michael, who make their way towards the lively boardwalk. Sam fusses with his mussed hair and trendy clothes. Michael glanced at his brother and rolled his eyes.

"You're beautiful." He said. The two boys continued walking towards a live concert that seemed to be going on.

"Wanna change my hair, my clothes, my face." Sam said as he continued to mess with his clothes and his hair. They go up the stairs near the bandstand. A loud rock group was performing. Michael and Sam made their way through the young people who were enjoying the music. While moving through the crowd, Michael suddenly sees her. A heart-stopping young beauty. Her name was Star. A young, 10 year old boy was standing next to her, enjoying the music as well. Michael stared at her, entranced by her beauty. Feeling eyes on her, she turned and caught Michael's eyes. Michael smiled slightly in a friendly way at her. However, the smile wasn't returned. Star reached for the boy and the two disappear through the crowd. Michael grabbed Sam and followed after.

~~~~

Meanwhile, [Y/N] and the boys arrived at the boardwalk. Marko helped her off of his bike and intertwined is fingers with hers, bringing her hand up to kiss the back of it. [Y/N] smiled slightly at him. She always hated going to the boardwalk when her father called her and her boys. They walked towards the music store that was owned by Max, [Y/N]'s father. Adopted father to be precise. [Y/N] was dropped off on Max's doorstep as a baby. There was no note, there was no one else there besides a one month old baby, a blanket and a basket. When they walked into the store, Max was not happy with the appearance of his daughter with the boys. He had left her in their care so that she could make examples out of them. Instead, his daughter is in a relationship with four delinquents. As Max was about to deal with them, when the buzzer of the store sounded again, letting Max know that someone else had walked in. He saw a woman walk in with a little boy. The woman in question was Lucy Emmerson, Michael and Sam's mom.