Chapter 9

Edgar and Alan arrived at the Emerson house on their bikes and knocked on the door. Sam ran to the door, opening it.

"You had something important to tell us?" Edgar asked, pushing his way through. It was mid morning, so [Y/N] wouldn't be there until a few hours more. Alan looked at his new friend.

"Did you find out where the blood-suckers are?" He asked. Sam nodded hesitantly.

"Y-yes and no." Sam said. Edgar frowned.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked. Sam sighed.

"Okay, look, one of the vampires came to our house last night. She offered to negotiate." He said. Edgar scoffed.

"Vampires don't negotiate, Phoenix. They only kill." He said. Sam sighed in exasperation.

"I have a name you know, it's Sam." He said. The two brothers didn't respond.

"Did you at least find out who the head vampire is?" Alan asked. Sam nodded.

"She said that Max was the head vampire."

The Frog brothers frowned and looked at each other.

"That's impossible. He passed the test. The garlic, Holy Water, even the reflection." Edgar said. Sam nodded.

"Apparently, Michael invited him in before he left to go with his "buddies". Did you guys know that you should never allow a Vampire into your house?" Sam asked. Alan and Edgar looked at each other, mentally blaming the other for not thinking of that before.

"O-of course. Everyone knows that." Alan said. Sam frowned.

"Then why didn't you guys mention it before?!" When the brothers didn't respond, Sam shook his head. "That doesn't matter. The point is, the Vampire, [Y/N] she told me that the head vampire is Max. And, if you two are willing, we can all work together to take him down." Sam said.

"The day we work with Vampires is the day hell opens up and swallows us whole!" Edgar argued. Alan nodded. Sam sighed. He wished his new friends weren't dead set on killing any person that looked like a vampire.

"Look. We can either work together with [Y/N] and the others, or we can face down five vampires and a head vampire. Which do you want?" He asked. Alan and Edgar looked at each other.

"The first option." They said at the same time. Sam groaned and ran his hands down his face.

"Guys! Can you please put aside your hatred for the Vampires for one sec? We have a chance to work together with five of the strongest beings on the planet! And a chance to not die!" He said, trying to get his friends to see reason. The brothers looked at each other. It was true, they didn't want to die an early death at the hands of five pissed off vampires, but it was also against their code to work with vampires. Alan shrugged his shoulders, looking at his brother.

"It couldn't hurt. Just this once." He said. Edgar sighed.

"Fine. Just this once, Phoenix," he said, looking at Sam. A smile spread across the boy's face. "When's your Vampire coming back?" He asked.

"Tonight."

Edgar and Alan nodded.

"Tonight it is then."

"And guys, please don't try to kill her. I actually kind of like this one."

~~~~~

The sun had just set. [Y/N] decided to wait a little bit before going to the Emerson house. She was the first one awake, staring into the flames of the barrels. She was starting to slowly remember what had happened to her, all those years ago. When she ended up on the doorstep of Max's house. Marko was the second one awake, Paul following after. The two yawned and sat beside their lover. Paul noticed that [Y/N] hadn't greeted them with her normal smile and kissed to their cheeks.

"What's botherin' you, Chica?" Paul asked. [Y/N] continued to stare into the light of the fire.

"I'm starting to remember what happened to me. How I came to Max." She said. "There were two people. They fell in love and had me. Then, there's screams, and blood. Lots of blood. There's a woman begging Max to take care of me. Then nothing." She growled. Her eyes flashed red. Marko placed his hand on her thigh, trying to calm her down. "My guess is that I wasn't abandoned like Max said I was. I'm guessing that Max killed my parents." She stood up. "I'm going to the Emerson house. Hopefully Sam managed to convince his friends not to kill us. I'll be back soon." She said, leaning down to press a kiss to their cheeks. Paul and Marko watched as [Y/N] left, worry in their eyes. If [Y/N] let her anger get the best of her, then the boys weren't sure they would be able to stop her this time.

~~~~

Sam, Michael, Edgar and Alan all jumped when there was a knock on their door. Sam shot up and raced to the door. He turned to Edgar and Alan.

"Remember, don't attack her." Sam reminded. Edgar and Alan nodded.

"We won't."

Sam opened the door, and there stood [Y/N], dressed in a black crop top and ripped skinny jeans. She wore brown sandals on her feet. She smiled at the boy.

"Good evening, Sam. My I come in?" She asked. Sam smiled slightly and nodded.

"I give you my permission to come in." He said. He knew exactly what he was doing by allowing her in. He was nullifying the affects of the weapons such as Holy Water and stakes. [Y/N] smiled gratefully and walked in. She took a seat in front of Michael and the boys. She sighed and threaded her hen fingers together.

"Considering that you two aren't attacking me," she said, looking at Edgar and Alan. "I'm guessing Sam has succeeded in making you see reason." She said. Edgar and Alan shifted uncomfortably under the intense gaze of the immortal before them. Sam nodded.

"Yes. I have. They have agreed to work together with you and the guys." Sam said. [Y/N] smiled.

"Good. In that case, Sam, Michael, has Max offered to take your mother on a date? I've noticed that he seemed quite taken with her." She said. Michael and Sam frowned.

"Wait, how do you know about that?" Michael asked. [Y/N] smiled.

"Because you just told me," she said. Michael and Sam looked down sheepishly. [Y/N] chuckled. "I could also see it through my powers." She said. She lifted her hands and made a circling motion. She willed her powers to come from within her soul and out her fingers.

Her powers formed into a sort of mirror. The red mist slowly moving around. With one hand still raised, she moved one hand, extending her index and middle fingers and tapped the center of the mirror. The mirror made a ripple. "Show me Lucy Emerson." She commanded. The mist on both the top and the bottom of the mirror folded in, creating a tight circle before flowing out again to its original spot. An image of Lucy Emerson and Max, sitting in Max's dinning room showed. The two were smiling and laughing, seeming to enjoy each other's company. The boys stared in aw at [Y/N]'s display of power. Edgar and Alan looked at Sam.

"You didn't tell us she had powers like this!" Alan said. Sam smiled and shrugged.

"I told you, I like this one." He said. [Y/N] chuckled.

"Your mother and my "father" seem to be having a wonderful time," [Y/N]'s smile dropped. "Too bad she can't see the monster he truly is." She said. With a wave of her hands, the mirror gently flowed out of the circle and back into her hands, finally disappearing. She looked at the boys. "Do you know when Max is going to drop your mother off?" She asked. Michael shook his head.

"Not really. I'm guessing it's going to be around 11 or 12 tonight." He said. [Y/N] glanced at the clock. It was 9:00 pm right now.

"Then we don't have much time," she said, standing up. She looked at Michael. "The three of you should come to Hudson's Bluff. That way, we can make a deal between my boys and you four, to make sure we are all held accountable. I'll be waiting. Please don't be late." She said. She walked towards the door and just as quickly as she had arrived, she had left. The only thing that was was left behind was a gush of wind, settling into a gentle breeze. Sam looked at Michael and the Frog Brothers.

"I guess, to Hudson's Bluff we go." He said

//Here is Chapter 9. We're getting close to the end! I think I'm only going to have 12 chapters, adding a thirteenth as an epilogue. I'm also considering making a sequel to this. If you guys have any ideas on what should happen in the sequel, don't be afraid to let me know in the comments. I'd love to hear your ideas! Anywho, I hope you enjoy reading this😊//