Chapter 12: Finale

Warnings: Violence, strong language

~~~~

Headlights swept across the front windows. Sam looked at Michael, Edgar and Alan.

"They're here." He said. [Y/N], Star, Laddie and the others were well hidden, [Y/N] hiding in the rafters of the house. David had his eyes closed, his chest, just to the right of his heart, were impaled by one of Grandpa's stuffed, dead animals. Dwayne was laying on the ground. The group had used the charcoal from the fire place to make it seem like his body was charred. Somehow, before Max and Lucy had arrived, the group had managed to trash the house, making it seem like a fight had ensued. The boys looked towards the door as it opened. The two stopped dead in their tracks. Lucy looked around in shock at the state of her house. It was a wreck! And two boys, one impaled by some antlers and the other laying motionless on the floor, were dead! Just what had happened in the time she had been gone? 

"Oh my God!" Lucy shouted. Sam eyes widened. 

"Mom!" Sam shouted. Lucy quickly walked towards her boys and their friends. 

"What happened here?!" Lucy asked, looking at the boys. Max walked over to David. Without any sympathy or sadness, he turned David's face slowly. David had to resist every urge in his body to kill Max there and then. Sam sighed. 

"Mom," Lucy whirled around on her son. "I don't to hear another word from you until I find out what happened here!" She shouted in anger. Max sighed, still looking at David's body. "I'm sorry, Lucy," Max said, making everyone look at him. "This is all my fault." Max said. He didn't look towards the woman. "It seems that, my daughter, David and my boys, misbehaved." Max said. He turned to look at Lucy. He sighed. "I told you, children need a mother." He said. Lucy frowned at Max. 

"Max, what are you talking about?" She asked quietly. Sam's eyes widened. 

"So [Y/N] was right! You're the head Vampire!" He shouted. Lucy sighed and rolled her eyes. 

"Sam, don't start this again." She pleaded. Star looked at Max in shock. 

"You're [Y/N]'s father. You're the one who turned her and the boys." Star said. Lucy looked at Star. 

"Who's this? And who is [Y/N]?" She asked. Max looked at Star and chuckled. 

"My dear girl, I didn't turn [Y/N]. She was already like me when she was a baby. The idea that Vampires can't produce offspring is false. [Y/N]'s parents proved that. I only killed her parents and took [Y/N] in as my daughter for her powers." Max said. Lucy stared at everyone in shock. 

"Has everyone gone crazy?!" She shouted. She looked at everyone. "What's the matter with all of you?" She looked at Max. "Max, what is this about killing someone's parents? Vampires and powers?" She asked, still very much in the dark. Max smiled at Lucy. "It was you I was after, all along, Lucy." Max said. Lucy frowned at Max.

"What?" She asked. Max looked at the bodies of Dwayne and David. "I knew, that if I could get Sam and Michael into the family, there was no way you could say no." Max said. He looked back at Lucy. Lucy stared at the man in fear. She looked at her oldest son. 

"Michael, what's Max talking about?" She asked. Michael didn't say a thing. He was glaring at Max. 

"It was all going to be so perfect, Lucy," Max said, making her look at him. "Just like one big, happy family." He said. "My daughter, your boys, and my boys." Max said. He closed his eyes. Suddenly, when he opened his eyes, they were glowing golden. His facial features were greatly exaugurated. He smiled at Lucy, reveling his fangs. Lucy gasped and jumped in fright. "I still want you, Lucy. I haven't changed my mind about that." He said.