Chapter 6

Warnings: Mentions of maggots and worms

~~~~

The group pressed on toward a large opening in the rocks on the bluff, David and [Y/N] leading the way. The group entered and Michael couldn't believe his eyes. Instead of a normal looking cave, it looked to be an old Victorian hotel lobby that had seemingly dropped through a crack in the earth. It was tilted and broken, but nearly intact. Graffiti and posters hung along the walls. There was what looked like a fountain in the middle of the room. Shafts of moonlight shone down from cracks in the ceiling. They all walked down into the heart of the cave. [Y/N] smiled at Michael.

"I had the same reaction the first time I came here as well." She said. She skipped around on the floor before opting to sit on the couch, Paul following and sitting next to her. She looked at Laddie.

"Hey bud, how about you go and find the old stereo?" She asked. Laddie smiled at her and nodded. David looked around.

"This was the hottest resort in Santa Carla back about eighty years ago. Too bad they built it right on top of the San Adreas fault." David explained. [Y/N] had heard the entire speech over and over again about how the hotel. She looked at Michael.

"In 1906," David and Michael looked over at the female. "When the big one hit San Francisco, the ground opened up and this place took a header into the crack." She said. David smiled in pride at his woman finishing off the speech he gave to her, all those years ago. Paul smiled. He wrapped his arm around [Y/N]'s shoulders and leaned forward, looking at Michael.

"Man, you wouldn't believe the cool stuff we've found in here." Paul said, smiling. Star wasn't as enthusiastic. She knew what they were all planning. She wanted to get Michael out of harms way, Max's plan be damned. Star walked forwards.

"C'mon, Michael. I want to go." She said. [Y/N] looked at Michael and Star. David smirked slightly.

"No. Stick around." He said. Michael seemed torn. He wanted to stay with the guys in this amazing place, but he also remembered Star before coming here.

"We were gonna grab some food." Michael said, walking over to Star. [Y/N] smiled and looked at Marko.

"Marko, baby, how about some food? I think our guest is hungry." She said and looked at Michael again. Star looked at the other female, almost pleading for her to let Michael go. Marko nodded. He walked over and kissed [Y/N] before leaving. David smiled at Michael.

"See? All you gotta do is ask." He said. He lit a cigarette and handed it to Michael. "How about an appetizer?" He asked, taking the first hit and then passed it to Michael. Star sighed and looked away. She didn't like this. Not at all.

~~~~

Meanwhile, back at the Emmerson house, Sam was lying in bed reading the new comic he got called Vampires Everywhere. He had gotten it at a comic store owned by two brothers, Edgar and Allan Frog. His dog, Nanook, a Husky, was laying next to him on the bed.

Lucy walked in, holding a few items.

"Ten o'clock. Lights out." She said. She opened the closet and threw a few items inside, then closed the closet door. She stood there for a moment. Sam put his comic down and looked at his mother.

"Mom?" He asked. She turned around. Sam gestured to the closet doors, signaling that he wanted them closed. Lucy smiled and closed the door.

"I can't sleep with the closet door open, either. Not even a crack." She said. She smiled a bit and looked down, then up at her son. She walked over to the bed and sat down next to Nanook, petting his fur. "You know, your father didn't mind, though. It could be wide open for all he cared. I think one of the reasons I divorced him was because he never believed... in the horror...of the closet monster!" She said dramatically. Suddenly, there was a loud laugher that rang through the room, startling the mother and son. Lucy sighed in relief as she saw it was only her father.