Epilogue

[Y/N] sighed as she held Star in a hug. Since Star was human again with Max's death, thanks to [Y/N]'s powers and her boys, Star wanted to get away from Santa Carla, which [Y/N] understood. The Emersons had graciously decided to temporarily adopt Laddie since he still had yet to find his birth parents. Lucy, Sam and Michael came down to the cave to help Star and Laddie gather all of their stuff they had left at the cave. Lucy looked around the cave in aw. She could see why Michael liked to hang around here.

"I'll miss you, Star." [Y/N] whispered. Star smiled and gently squeezed the female. 

"I'll miss you to, [Y/N]." She said. The two pulled away from the hug. [Y/N] looked at Laddie and knelt down to his height. She smiled at the boy. 

"Take care of yourself, Laddie. Be a good boy for Miss. Emerson, Sam and Michael now." She said. Laddie had tears in his eyes. He quickly rushed up and hugged [Y/N]. [Y/N] froze lightly, then hugged the young boy back. She sighed and pressed a gentle kiss to his head. The two pulled away from the hug. [Y/N] looked back at Dwayne and the others. She looked at Laddie. "Why don't you go say bye to Dwayne and the others." She said. Laddie looked up at her, slight fear in his eyes. [Y/N] smiled and held out her hand in a silent offering to go with him. Laddie took her had as they walked up to Dwayne. Dwayne looked down at the boy who he had come to know as a little brother. Finding his courage, Laddie let go of [Y/N]'s legs and rushed up to Dwayne, hugging his legs. Dwayne gave a silent huff in amusement. He placed his hands on Laddie's back, trying to return the hug. Dwayne then lifted Laddie up in his arms, giving the boy a proper hug. Laddie wrapped his arms tightly around Dwayne's neck. Dwayne sighed. 

"Take care of yourself, Laddie." Dwayne whispered. Laddie sniffed. 

"I'll miss you, Dwayne." Laddie whispered. Dwayne let out a sad chuckle. 

"I'll miss you to, little man." He said. The two pulled away from the hug and Dwayne set Laddie down. Laddie made his way over to Paul. Out of all the boys, Laddie had the strongest bond with Paul and Dwayne. Laddie hugged Paul's legs. Paul chuckled and knelt down to Laddie's height. He ruffled Laddie's hair. 

"Like [Y/N] said, be a good boy, Laddie." Paul said. Laddie smiled and nodded. He made his way over to Marko. Marko knelt down and curled his hand into a fist, asking for knuckles from Laddie. Laddie smiled and pounded his fist against Marko's. Marko chuckled and ruffled Laddie's hair as well. Lastly, Laddie shyly made his way to David. David smiled and held his hand out for a high five from the boy. Laddie smiled and returned the high five. Laddie then rushed over to Star, taking her hand. [Y/N] walked over to Lucy and smiled. 

"Thank you, Miss. Emerson, for everything." She said. Lucy smiled and pulled [Y/N] in for a hug, surprising the woman. [Y/N] happily hugged Lucy back. 

"It's no problem, hun. And please, call me Lucy." She said. The two pulled away from the hug. [Y/N] smiled and nodded. 

"Very well. Take care of yourself, Lucy." She said. Lucy smiled at [Y/N] and nodded. 

"You as well, hun," Lucy looked at the boys. "Now you four take care of this girl," she said, pointing to [Y/N]. "She's special." She said. David smiled as [Y/N] walked over, smiling as David wrapped his arm around her shoulders. 

"Don't worry. We will." He said. With that, the Emersons, Star and Laddie left the cave. 

[Y/N] sighed as she sat down on the couch, slouching against it. The couch jolted as Paul jumped over it and sat next to her. Dwayne walked over and sat on [Y/N]'s other side. Marko walked over and sat in front of [Y/N], resting his head against her thigh. Finally, David walked over and stood behind the couch. [Y/N] sighed and leaned her head against Paul's shoulder, taking Dwayne's hand in her own. David sighed and pressed a kiss to the top of [Y/N]'s head. Marko looked up at [Y/N]. 

"So, what now?" He asked. [Y/N] looked down at him. She gently ran her hand through Marko's golden curls. 

"To be honest, I'm not sure," she looked around the cave. "I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next." She said. 

~~~

//We have finally reached the end of Protect Each Other. I really hope you all liked this series. If you all would like for me to make a sequel, please let me know what you would like to see in the sequel.//