Chapter 7

While the boys were busy celebrating, [Y/N] had gone to her room, trying to get some time to herself. Her room was further into the cave. The boys wanted to make sure that if there were any hunters, they would find the boys first and leave their woman alone. While this increased the chances of the boys getting hurt, they slept easy knowing that the love of their lives was safe. [Y/N] sat on her bed, crossing her legs. She wanted to see what the future looked like for herself and her boys now that they had successfully turned Michael into a half vampire because he had drank David's blood, which was in the bottle. [Y/N] moved her arms and her hands in a circle, willing the mist to come from within her soul and out of her finger tips. The mist moved into a circle until it stopped moving, becoming a somewhat solid shape. [Y/N] moved her arms up and pulled them towards herself. The mist followed, stopping in front of her face. She lifted her hand and touched the center of the mist, creating a ripple effect. She willed the mist to show her what was in store for herself and her boys. [Y/N] narrowed her eyes as she saw three boys, sneaking into the cave. One of the boys had long, brown hair and a bandana around his forehead. The second boy looked a lot like the first one, except his hair was shorter. It was clear that they were brothers. The Frog brothers. [Y/N] recognized them as the two boys who ran the comic book store on the board walk. The third boy [Y/N] had never seen before. He had blonde hair the was slightly spiked in the front. He looked a lot like Michael. [Y/N] watched in horror as the Frog Brothers made their way to the cave where the boys slept. She watched as the older Frog brother staked Marko in the heart.

The mist swirled again. This time, it was at a house. Tears filled her eyes as she watched Paul was hit with Holy Water, eventually getting killed by being pushed in by a Husky.

The tears fell and she held back as sob as the mist swirled again. She tried to will the mist to stop, but it didn't. She watched as Dwayne was shot in the heart with an arrow and electrocuted by a stereo system.

The tears came at a steady stream as she finally watched David's death. He was also staked, just like Marko had been.

The mist finally stopped with the images and the surface went still. [Y/N]'s breathing quickened. Her boys. They were all doomed to die. All painful deaths. Leaving her alone. They were her mates. If they died, she would feel every bit of their pain and eventually fade away. She couldn't live without her boys, and they couldn't live without her. Without thinking, she moved her hands to the side, sending the mist shooting into the cave sides. She let out a sorrowful cry, bringing her hands to her head. The mist started coming out from her hands and surrounding her body. When she was emotional like this, she didn't have full control over her powers. Her powers had a mind of its own. When its host was unstable, it came out on its own and protected the woman.

The cave shook and pieces of the ceiling fell. The excited atmosphere turned to one of fear and confusion. Michael looked around in confusion.

"What was that?" He asked. Suddenly, they heard a sorrowful cry come from somewhere else in the cave. Marko looked at David and the others, fear and worry in his eyes.

"[Y/N]!" He shouted. As quick as a bullet, they followed after Michael. Paul stopped Michael from following.

"You stay here, bud. It could be dangerous for you if you come with us." He said. It was clear by his voice that there was no arguing. The four boys rushed to their lady. They stopped in the opening of the room, seeing their love holding her head as she screamed and cried. The red mist seemed to have a mind of its own as it sensed someone else there. On instinct, wanting to protect its host, the mist shot out and wrapped around the boys, pinning them against the cave walls. They all cried out in either pain or shock.

"W-what the hell is happening?!" Paul shouted as he grunted, trying to fight against the mist. Dwayne was the one who was the most calm, knowing how to calm the woman he loved.

"She must have seen something in her vision!" Marko shouted. David tried to loosen his arms from the grip of the mist. He growled in pain as the mist curled around his arms, tighter and tighter.

"Stop fighting!" Dwayne shouted. His brothers looked at him like he was crazy. "The more you fight, you are showing fear. Fear leads to doing something insane, like hurting someone." He said. He closed his eyes and relaxed, letting his energy tell the mist that he had no intention of hurting its host. The red mist slowly loosened its grip on the male, gently lowering him to the ground. The mist that was wrapped around the other three froze, waiting for a command. The mist slowly retreated back into the pulsating see through bubble that was surrounding the vulnerable girl. Dwayne slowly walked over. He extended his hand and gently placed it on the bubble, letting his energy do the convincing. The bubble slowly formed a hole wide enough for his hand to fit. His hand slowly fell through until it was touching the shoulder of the woman he loved. [Y/N] jumped and gasped as she looked up. She saw Dwayne through a film of red. She realized that she let her powers take control. She closed her eyes and curled her arms inward, curving her body. She called the mist back, willing it to come back into her body, taking control. The mist holding the other three slowly retreated back to its host, setting the three down. Soon, the mist was completely gone. [Y/N] looked up at Dwayne. Tears filled her eyes once more. Dwayne quickly but slowly, as to not scare her more, wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to his chest. He placed his hand on her head, gently stroking her head as she sobbed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she whispered through cries and hiccups. Out of all the boys, [Y/N] always went to Dwayne when she was sad. Dwayne gently shushed her, kissing her head.

~~~~

//I thought that it would be a cool idea if the mist was kind of, alive? Like it protected [Y/N] when she was in danger and for that reason, she still didn't have very much control over it. If you like this idea and want me to keep it, please let me know so that I can put that in. If this is something that you would think would make the story more complicated than it needs to be, let me know so that I won't do it again. I would like to know your opinions on the matter. So please let me know in the comments.//