Venom

I feel a sigh escape my lips as the booming techno music thrums through the glass door of the balcony where I made my escape to. On top of the pounding headache I have, the small gathering Harry said he was going to have escalated to a full-out house party which wasn't exactly helping the former predicament.

A few weeks have passed since Sam, Ava, Danny, and Luke arrived and since then rich boy has been feeling a little . . . sensitive about the fact that Peter was hanging out with them more than us. Personally, I didn't really mind-- it was good to branch out! 

This explains the party that wasn't a party; a slap to the face to say that Harry had plenty of friends to hang with.

"Ugh . . ." I groan, messaging my temples. I rest my head against the cool metal pole as the door slides open, the music booming loudly for a moment before it dims.

"Mind if I join you?" the sound of Danny's quiet footsteps manage to reach my ears as a tired smile manage to sneak its way onto my lips.

"Not at all. Hey you wouldn't happen to have any aspirin on you would you?" I ask, hopeful to getting some kind of relief.

He shakes his head, no. "I try not to resort to them, sorry."

Another sigh, of course he wouldn't. "My kingdom for some painkillers . . !" I cry out resting my head on the railing again.

"I may not have those, but I do have something better. Wanna try it?"

I look up at him, raising a brow. "If it were coming from anyone but you, I would say that would be a come-on but sure, I'm game." He rolls his forest-green eyes and gestures me to turn to face him. I do, peeling myself away from the fantastic view of the night-time city. He places his hands on either sides of my face, thumbs brushing my temples. "Now I'm pretty sure it's a come-on." He chuckles at this, his warm breath tickling my cheeks.

"I promise I won't try anything funny . . . unless you want me to?" I feel my cheeks grow hot, and I send him a weak glare.

"J-Just help me, o-okay?" I stutter, fighting the urge to huff.

He smiles, and something squeezes in my chest. "Your wish is my command. Okay, now close your eyes." I do, and immediately feel a warmth spread through me; his cold hands now heated and I feel my migraine slowly disappear. I open my eyes and stared up at him in astonishment.

"H-how did you . . ?"

"Secret." he smiles, his hands still cupping my face and oddly enough I don't mind. A loud crash makes me pull away as I hear someone scream from inside the party. I didn't even notice how close we got.

"We should, uh, go check that out, yeah?" I utter awkwardly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as he nods in agreement, slightly embarrassed.

"Y-yeah. . ."

Inside, is total chaos. There's broken glass from the lights and everyone is panicking and hurrying out the doors.

"What the heck is going on?!" I shout over the screams. It was too dark to see, so I concentrated and my vision switched to something I've been accustomed to my entire life. Everything turned a bluish grey, and the bodies of the kids who were escaping were glowing a faint white. Through the crowds I spot two bright blue figures pressing up against the wall near the door.

MJ, Harry, and . . . someone hanging on to the wall . . . ? Two other figures are making their way to them, and I recognized them as Ava and Luke.

"This way!" I call out to Danny, grabbing his hand. "MJ, Harry!" they turned to face me but don't have time to call out to me before Ava shoves them both outside. I can feel Danny's hand tighten around mine before he takes the lead, rushing us to the door. "What about Peter?!"