Visions

Today is a day I always welcomed with open arms, a day where I was free to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted; Saturday. It was a day off school and work— not that I didn't like my job, I love it with all my soul but Madam Paola says a girl my age still needs time to socialize with my friends so she gives me the weekends off. Funny since the weekends were some of the days where we were always swarmed with families, people on dates, and tourists.

I sigh blissfully, rolling over on to my bare stomach and wrapping myself in my cool comforter. Nothing could ruin this moment . . .

Nothing but my phone going off.

"Ugh!" I grab it and shoved it to my ear, squinting at the light that blinds me for a second. "What's up MJ?" I grunt, already knowing who it is.

Now usually, she would try to get me out of the house and drag me to places in search of 'breaking news' but alas this was not the case because instead of hearing her voice, I hear a deeper non-MJ voice.

"Not exactly." Danny chuckles and I immediately sit up, hugging the sheets to my bare chest even though I know I'm alone.

"D-Danny? How did you—"

"We swapped numbers during class, remember? I wanted to see how you were doing," he explains as the memory replays in my mind. It was during lunch because he was late to History class so he needed the assignments.

"Oh, right. Sorry; MJ, Parker, and me had to help Harry clean his place up the night before so I was pretty out of it." I sigh, running a hand through my hair to get it out of my eyes.

"No worries I'm just glad you made it out okay, nothing injured?"

"No . . ." I couldn't help but smile at his concern and I felt unusually giddy for some reason. "But . . ."

"Hm?" there's a slight shuffling on his end, and I rub the back of my neck, feeling a bit guilty.

"I kind of went back . . ." I answer sheepishly. It goes silent for a moment and I think I might have lost the connection before he lets out a laugh.

"I had a feeling you would. I'm just glad you're okay." I feel a blush creeping up to my cheeks and I'm glad he can't see me acting all dopey. God, it wasn't as if I never spoke to a guy before.

"I could say the same for you, you stayed up there right?"

"I took the next lift after checking the floors again; you were really worried about Peter so I wanted to give you some peace of mind."

"And I wasn't there to hear it . . . my bad."

"Feeling guilty?" I quirk a brow at his tone, it almost sounded . . . flirty?

Nah, I'm probably just overthinking it.

"If I was?"

"If you were, I would've asked if you wanted to hang out today if you were free of course."

"It just so happens that I am, what do you have in mind?" I ask looking outside my window to the streets below. It was a pretty nice morning, a nice breeze passing through my window.

"I'm at the Manhattan Rand Corp. Headquarters, but I'll be done by noon."

"Ah, a working man too? Impressive Mr. Rand."

"I try,"  He chuckles. "Though the meetings are something that I wish I could skip."

"I bet, so should I meet you there?" I ask, looking at the clock that read eight forty-five AM.