The Search

Peter's Point of View

Out of all the crappiest days I've had since I started swinging around New York as Spider-Man this week takes the top spot of all of them. 

Ever since Ari went missing after that alert, things had just spiraled downwards. Anything that could possibly put a track on her was sending out ghost signals all over town, and it was becoming harder and harder face the fact that she was officially missing. Explaining that to MJ and Harry wasn't exactly easy either . . . and the people at Aigile were worried sick about her especially Madam Paola. Ever since her mom died, she'd been looking after Ari and this cut through to her no nonsense attitude like a knife.

Then there was the incident with Norman Osborn and Doc Oc.

It was one thing having to deal with the search for Ari, school and SHIELD stuff, but when your best friend's dad turns into a giant rampaging Goblin bent on destroying you and going after said best friend, it tends to leave one emotionally exhausted. To make things better (note the sarcasm) the Helicarrier was crashed thanks to The Goblin and now any leads we had on Ari's case was underwater and swimming with the fishes.

Oof. Not a good choice of words . . .

Since then, the team has moved in with me and Aunt May and although it's cramped, but at least we're all together. We've all been taking it pretty hard but out of all us, our resident fortune cookie had taken the hardest hit. Ever since that day, Danny had blamed himself for letting Ari get captured. Even though we all told him it wasn't his fault, I could still see the guilt eating away at him whenever we would get an update from Fury.

So yeah, not exactly a golden week.

Whatever's out there, just please, please, let her be okay . . .

So, now I'm here, sitting in my living room surrounded by Sam, Ava, Luke and Danny when the doorbell rings. I let out a soft groan at the interruption— it wasn't often we got some down time and were all together with no crime or school or SHIELD business. I opened the door and looked around to see no one there until a soft voice cleared their throat to direct my attention downwards.

"Whoa!" I took a step back in shock at the little girl standing in front of me. "S-Sasha?" I ask as she giggles and nods. "Sorry, I didn't recognize you . . . new dress?"

"Yeah! The Eye-Patch Man gave it to me as a present!"

Huh, who knew Fury had a soft spot for kids? "So what's up? Are Lonnie and your brother with you?"

"Sasha, we told you not to run off!" I hear a voice call out as I spot the darker haired boy run up to my doorstep.

"She wouldn't have to if you would walk faster." Lonnie says walking casually behind him. "Hey Parker, sorry for the uncalled visit. Sasha here was just itching to see you guys."

"It's no problem at all, come on in." I say opening the door wider to let them through.

Since Ari's disappearance, these guys have been helping Fury try to locate those things that took Ari. Since they were being chased for so long, they came in to contact with some other kids around the city to see if they could find anything on those Spider robots. Turns out whoever made those things are in connection with the kidnappings that Fury was talking to us about a few months ago.

Go figure, huh?

"So any news yet on your end?" I ask Lonnie, who frowns as the others turn to look at us.

Toss Up (Danny Rand)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें