01

(A/N: Without stating the obvious, it would probably be advised to have prior knowledge of this game/the first...Nureka already has an established friendship with Aloy. Aided in the battle with Meridian, and has opted to continue to help her. I'm all for secretive Banuk, but come on...they're pretty badass. Although in saying that, nearly every clan is badass in this game...I'm not too sure where this is going, just wanted to give Kotallo some much needed love. Not sure if it'll bleed too much into game events, haven't decided yet. Likewise, haven't even decided if I will continue this on.)

——

'I'll be there as soon as I can, but I'm busy mending broken pieces of the life I had before.' -- Unintended, Muse.

——

Having a base to operate from was nice, it was almost like a home, almost. Yes, the base was cold, otherworldly considering it was used by the Old Ones. But with thanks to Gaia waking, she had at least made it less intimating, less cold, more welcoming, a little more homely. Some rooms she still could not open, and those that she could were littered with all manner of things from thousands of years ago.

It wasn't like it was the first ruin that Nureka had encountered, relics and ruins from the Old Ones were littered all around them, it was commonplace to seek shelter in the ruins if caught out in a terrible storm, or least that's what she had done a few times in the past. Ban-Ur was unforgiving at times, all the time to those which were not used to the snow and ice covered landscape.

Yes, she was a long way from home, a very long way indeed. But then so were those that now called the base home; Varl had returned in search of Erend, and upon finding the Oseram, he also found the Banuk in tow. Aloy, and her mission, had showed Nureka so much more of this world than her little speck of it. Aloy had aided Nureka and her village, and in turn Nureka returned her aid where the redhead would need it. Though Aloy being Aloy, she wasn't too forthcoming with freely accepting the help.

That was how Nureka now came to tracing her hand along the grey walls of the base, looking about with curiosity; the blue threads in her hands seemed to shine almost too brightly within the space. The lights still weren't at full capacity, Nureka just sighed, it wasn't like the rest of the blue thread trailing through and up her arms weren't providing at least some light. She wanted to always be a Shaman, ever since seeing her mother be a successful one...up until the Red Raids.

Bitterly turning off from the corridor she walked down, she all but staggered to a stop when Erend seemed to be tempted to throw the Focus he had been given across the room. "I don't know how anyone can get the grip of this!" Was what the brunette shouted before just seemingly calming down and sagging back into his seat.

Brushing her own brown curls over her ears, Nureka's fingers gently touched the triangular device at her ear. The Focus was tricky, she couldn't even deny that, or disagree with Erend, however, the Oseram weren't known for being gentle. "If you break it, Aloy will have to find you another one. Just remember that." Nureka pointed a blue threaded finger his way while moving over. She crossed her arms over her sleeveless tunic as she went, the machine parts which made up her armour knocked together quietly as she stood looking at Erend plainly, though a smile did tug at her lips.

Erend looked up at her, a frown appearing on his face as he wagged a finger up at her. "No wonder you've got the hang of this. This is no doubt right up your street."

Nureka frowned in thought, "I am not sure if that was a compliment, or an insult."

"You're a Shaman." Erend sighed heavily, his hand running down his face.