04

Now that Aether was back home with Gaia, the subordinate function that was the cause for so much weather issues, finally seemed to have settled down. There was no heavy snow outside the door, no distant thunder looming on the horizon; no grey storm clouds looking to come rolling in with high winds, it was actually rather peaceful. The last anyone in the base heard, was that Aloy was trying to recover Poseidon, but the AI was hiding somewhere that was ironically in a desert, but also out of reach.

Being the tinkerer of the group, Nureka was not totally surprised that one day a transmission came through asking for her advice. Though it sounded like Aloy had met some interesting Oseram out in the place formerly known as Las Vegas, she still wasn't entirely sure whether what they were scheming between them would actually work.

Back home, oftentimes, Nureka was the one entrusted to strip machines for parts, that was a part of being a Shaman, well another part at least. Ice-drills, enhanced and mechanised weaponry was one thing, but something that could breathe underwater? Something like that had never crossed Nureka's mind before. She was used to ice, ice which was sometimes too thick to drill through. Even if it did crack, the water would be so cold, freezing in fact that swimming was a no. Even the small rivers and streams of Ban-Ur were a frigid temperature that would surely freeze anyone's toes and fingers off if they were in it for long enough.

"I could travel out and help you? It may seem like a bit of a silly thing to suggest, but I'll throw the suggestion out anyway." Nureka said while walking around the base, of course her words had caught the attention of at least one of her friends. Erend for one turned in his seat to watch her every move like a hawk. "Plus, any machine parts which are left over, I could always bring back here. The way I see it, is that the more parts laying around for enhancing our gear the better."

"You really don't have to do that, Nureka. As a counteroffer, how about I bring back the parts instead?" Was Aloy's response, kind as ever yet also with a slight hesitance. It wasn't that the redhead disliked relying on people, but there was a want to avoid pulling people into things that could cause them harm. Aloy knew full well that Nureka hadn't explored the lands they now found themselves in. Varl had been a little further than her, Erend hadn't exactly. But if he knew Oseram were around, he'd no doubt want to find them and get to know them.

Nureka sighed and placed her hands on her hips as she tilted her head, the Focus now glowing a faint purple against her temple was temporarily hidden by her hair from this action. "Someone told me, just the other day, that we can all help each other out while we're here."

"That sounds suspiciously wise."

Nureka chuckled a little at that, she also nodded even though Aloy couldn't see the action. "Kotallo is apparently a well of wisdom. Who even knew?" She asked, hearing a quiet laugh from Aloy's end. Though even Nureka could tell that she was relieved that the Tenakth was socialising with the people around him. Nureka could very well sense the stoic, broodiness that seemed to radiate his general aura, but also, the times she had spent with him, he'd been nothing but polite, even a little funny with the sarcasm but insightful.

It was clear that said Tenakth had heard this as Nureka walked past the room he frequented the most. There was a look sent her way, a slight shake of the head and she could be wrong, but a tiny smirk seemed to be tugging at his lips. Case and point, though he could clearly carry the bearing of intimidating warrior, he could also be laidback enough to humour her joking, even if it was slightly at his expense. She would apologise if he felt offended, but he evidently didn't.

"Do you know the machines you need?" She made her way to her room, ignoring Erend's constant staring. If Aloy was declining her aid in travelling to her, the least she could do was listen to the parts which were listed, put it together in her mind and confirm if Aloy and the Oseram delver's idea could work. She would feel awful, naturally, if she gave the go ahead and it was a failure. Shaking her head, Nureka needed to remind herself Aloy wasn't stupid, she wasn't going to start diving deep if the thing wasn't working, there was no drowning that was going to happen. "Also, why is Poseidon down there? How did it manage that?" Nureka asked, she needed to know why a breathing mask was needed, and Poseidon had gone to ground, in a way.