17

Eluethia's mystery calling had dragged Aloy, Varl and Erend away; of course, no one really knew what was going on with the message which Aloy had received, hence why the small group had left the base, to enter Eluethia's base and find the source. As usual, Alva remained in her room, and with Varl gone, Zo seemed to retire to their room. She'd probably revel in stretching out on the bed in peace and quiet, not that Varl was a loud person, even if he could be quite expressive at times.

Nureka, having wished the group luck before receding to her room, now stood strapping pieces of armour to herself. Kotallo was right, it was based off of the Frostclaws she had faced. The helmet was similar to the shape of the machines head, the jaws even now being fashioned in a similar way that guarded her own jaw. Predominantly black in colour, due to the upgraded level of the machine themselves, the blue glowing parts were still able to glow. Of course, Nureka had destroyed the chest pieces, and most of the shoulder parts had definitely exploded in her face...however, she could replicate the icy glow with her own ways and skills.

The same threads the travelled through her own skin, was used in a way to have the same glow as the ice that circulated the Frostclaw and its body. She could safely say, she was more protected than she was previously; with actual shoulder pads, glowing even in the low light of her room stopped about the middle of her biceps. Where the part stopped, it didn't deter or hinder her elbows in bending. Her chest piece was the darker parts of the Frostclaw, no glowing piece was present; that would just create a target for the places which needed protecting the most, her heart, her lungs, as much as she loved how the shoulder pieces glowed and blended with the threads in her skin, she really didn't want to be such a light and shining target, especially her chest.

There was a break so her belt could sit strapped around her waist, she may not have opted to have a bow as her main weapon, but her quiver sat attached to her belt, a holster on her back for her bow, and of course her spear. Her legs weren't so heavily armoured, pieces on her thighs, not so much on her shins due to her boots stopping a few inches below her knees. She flexed her hands, there were gauntlets on her forearms which did travel down and cover the backs of her hands. A small break in between the two parts allowed her wrists to move freely, much like her elbows.

With an approving hum, she looked down at herself and nodded. She was pleased, even if she was pleased, she could've still have made something that would break apart the moment she jumped, dodged, rolled or skidded away from an attack, or to attack. The thought of spending these past many hours on something that could be rubbish had her pouting miserably. Nureka looked upwards and just hoped she hadn't made something aesthetically pleasing to her eye, yet unable to cope with the stress of fighting.

Shrugging loosely, she guessed there was only one way to know. Tightening the cord around her wrist, more to fidget with than actually to make sure it was fastened, she walked out of her room and along the small space between hers and a certain Marshal's. "Ready whenever you are. I suppose if all is well and good, we could perhaps branch out and find pieces for your arm. I know I said it would be nice for you to have an opponent that wasn't a rebel, or a machine; but you need parts too." Nureka said simply while still fidgeting with the pieces on her arm, only to switch to the other one as she simply strolled into the room.

Her constant picking and tampering had her missing the almost bemused look that appeared on Kotallo's face. Don't get him wrong, he knew she was making armour and what it roughly would've looked like, but seeing it on her, finished, that was something else entirely. Cords of dark blue, much like her fur lined coat and trousers kept things strapped together and on her. They were perhaps also there for security, padding and keeping things tightly together and on her body. No fur was in sight, which to be honest, was probably a wise idea if she was staying out this way, it wasn't like it got to freezing temperatures, not unless they went further inland and up towards the mountains tipped with snow.