05

The thing with Sunwings, was that for such large flying machines, they could have speed that was uncanny, their streamlined bodies cut through the air like a knife through parchment. The chorusing sounds which came from them could be confused for a type of song, like the birds which dwelt in the trees; those which sung at the dawn, to welcome in the day and the sun, or the night time twittering of nocturnal birds and the hooting of owls.

The purple rays of plasma which they shot out could be deadly, explosively deadly and though Kotallo could quite easily deal with one, two may have been a bit of a challenge; even if Nureka had her weapons on her, she seemed quite up for avoiding a fight if they didn't need to fight. Both managed to dodge a swooping attack, and though it was impossible to hide in tall grass from a machine which could spot them from the air, they both stayed hunkered down for a moment.

"At least it couldn't get any worse."

Kotallo slowly turned his face to look at Nureka, she had a sheepish smile on her face as she peeked through the red tipped grass. Why she even thought those words were a good idea to say, he did not know; mainly because of one Sunwing hovering close, varied dips and pitches in its vocal range sounded almost confused, but annoyed, if a machine could be either. The second Sunwing had disappeared temporarily and he wasn't sure where it had gone.

However, it made itself very much known in the sense that it came flying low and over where they were, it soon joined the other and both were hovering, staring, their eyes alight and a faint purple glow staring to charge up within them. "I really wish you hadn't said that." Kotallo was being bluntly honest, he just stared up at the Sunwings, he then flicked his eyes to Nureka before realising that the only way out of this was to fight, or to just climb as quickly as possible down to the base.

Plasma shots had them moving, and Kotallo found the armour around his right shoulder be gripped onto, and though Nureka wasn't strong enough to pull him she tugged with enough urgency to get the hint across. "I don't doubt you'd love another fight, I however," Nureka ducked her head as she let him go and took off running to the edge of the cliff. "I like to choose my fights better! Up here? Not wise. Fighting on their territory, no thank you!" Nureka was already flinging her legs over the cliff and the sounds of dislodging rocks could be heard as she descended. She did peek back up and stare at him, "Kotallo?"

He was standing with his guard up and edging back to where she was, the Sunwings were still on high alert but considering they weren't being outwardly attacked, they didn't seem to be attacking in return. Which was strange, but he accompanied Nureka on the downwards escape, she looked about herself once back on solid ground, the base door behind her.

Hearing the thud of his boots had her turning and looking at him. "You dislike fighting." Kotallo stated, turning and looking at her in return. He didn't know what to expect really, was it a bit hard to grasp that someone from a warrior driven clan, actually disliked the thought of conflict? Perhaps. She had explained full well what the Banuk were like, and he did see some of his own clan traits in hers, even he wasn't exactly one for backing down from a fight, but she...not so much.

Nureka looked around, awkwardly almost as he just simply called her out on that. "It isn't so much that, I fight if I need to. However," she paused to walk to the edge of the outlook, sitting and resting her legs over it as she stared at the woodland in front of her. Kotallo did walk over, even taking to sitting beside her and watching her look over her threaded hands. "All life is precious, to me; even if that life isn't exactly like my own. To pointlessly take that life, without a reason to, goes against what I believe in. Yes, I will fight, and kill, if driven to it and if there is no other way; but I do not like it." Nureka explained with a sigh, tilting her head up and looking up at the sky, her eyes narrowing a little as she let out another sigh. "I do not believe that conflict and fighting is always the way to settle things. However, given current circumstances and my recent past, fighting has seemingly been the only way to settle things."