37

The thundering sounds which echoed from the corridor adjacent to them was an ominous warning, an omen of what was to come if anything; the holographic purple hued barrier which was almost barring the way seemed to part ways for the machine that was the owner of the previously heard footfalls. A Behemoth, already its head was rearing as if to prepare to rut whomever away and out of its path. It just so happened that that target was Aloy. She had wasted no time at all in running towards it, facing it as head on as possible.

She had called back to protect Beta, the other clone looked even more nervous than she did moments ago; it wasn't like she didn't know there would be conflict, a fight or two, but to be so out in the open and watching as the Behemoth was soon joined by a Ravager, it was frightening to her. The core gave little protection but she stayed close to it, as to use it for cover and hope for the best. It wasn't like Varl and Nureka weren't taking their roles as protectors seriously, both taking up stances on the platform trying to split it in two and deal with whatever came at them as best as possible.

It didn't mean that neither didn't move from their spots, between trying to aid Aloy with cover fire as she dealt with the Behemoth, they also had to skitter and dodge out of the way of the Ravager, who also seemed to be giving cover fire for its fellow machine. The white rippling shots sailed through the air, whizzing and hitting into whatever it landed against, causing small sparks to erupt before dying back down.

It seemed like a shared expression between the two of them made it quite clear what their current problem and objective was: get rid of the Ravager. It was causing issues for them as well as Aloy. It had the speed to dodge out of the way of the Behemoth and try and attack the redhead, which would cause her to also dodge and roll away and lose ground and be on the defensive. Any ground she tried to reclaim was met with shooting electricity from the Behemoth as it charged up and stamped its large frame back down, but also slashes of front paws from the Ravager.

Every so often Beta would call out to Aloy, not that she got a response as her green eyes flitted to her other two companions. Nureka knelt against one knee and braced her bow, one which Beta had admittedly seen Aloy give with a smirk and a statement that it seemed fair for this fight for the Banuk to go in with her people's weaponry. But behind her stood Varl both were targeting the Ravager, but more importantly they were trying to dislodge the gun from its back. The constant shooting was a problem, even if some shots went too wide, it was still problematic as it drew near to them.

If the gun came off, at least then someone could use it against the larger machine. The hits Aloy had managed to get in had damaged it, sure, but not to a huge degree that it was struggling to attack or slowing down. If anything, it seemingly was getting more and more momentum behind it with each attack it threw Aloy's way; a few times she barely missed the circular charge of electricity which came from it. Even if she managed to only just dodge, the digging up of the structure and it being churned out and in her direction was a different issue altogether.

There was no way that none of them were coming out of this with at least a few bruises and cuts, that was for sure. Watching the mounted gun on the Ravager come off of its holding with a groan of metal and a small spark, both Varl and Nureka seemed to exclaim Aloy's way to get it. It would be a valuable weapon considering the Behemoth was still giving as good as it got. It seemed the moment the gun came off, and despite of her friend's calling, Aloy had noticed it scuttle to the side as the Ravager staggered a little from losing its weapon.

Though holding and using the machine made Aloy a little bit slow, it was a small pay-off seems it also doubled the damage dealt to both machines. The Ravager got taken down by a mixture of its own weapon and the shots fired from a distance, the Behemoth was still causing issues, stomping about and thrashing its head to try and flick Aloy away from itself and hurt her in any way possible. She just stood her ground, levelled her feet and held the trigger down for as long as possible until the ammo ran out. Once it had and the gun was thrown aside, she too was back on shooting arrows at any weak spot which had been exposed and chancing a spear thrust here and there.