21

It became slightly more obvious how, when it came to the construction of Kotallo's arm, that they would need technology that was more advanced than what they had. Even Gaia had promptly told them that though they had enough parts, which in theory could make artificial bones and skin to shield those metallic bones, things which were more advanced were definitely needed. A sensor for one, it was a must that that would need to be collected from somewhere, that is if one from the machine horde wasn't already present; this sensor when near to the remnants of his arm, would sense what his muscles were trying to tell the rest of the arm to do. Otherwise, it would just be an artificial limb which would be needed to be manoeuvred about, which would render it utterly pointless indeed. There were of course other items which could have definitely come in handy for this arm.

The thing is, the only place which could in theory have things which could be scavenged and used were either Cauldrons, which were usually a no-go area for many reasons, or the base where Beta was found. The Zeniths were sniffing and loitering around there for some reason, perhaps they had discarded items thinking they were no longer of use to them, which wouldn't be a surprise considering how they clearly treated Beta.

Nureka leaned her chin against her palm, staring down at the hologram below her on the table. For once it made a change not to see terrain of these lands, or past lands when observing battles from years ago. Gaia had patched in the basic design of the arm, and she was scouring over it while tapping a whittled pencil rhythmically against the side of the table. Kotallo was beside her looking downwards too, he didn't get why she looked puzzled, perhaps she was just trying to figure out how everything would slot together. Maybe she had realised she had bitten off more than she could chew here, though in theory, creating armour and an arm took the same level of care, work and concentration.

Her eyes flicked up quickly when she heard booted footsteps, Aloy looked in at the pair with a small smile. Kotallo had asked her for aid, sure, he had been a bit secretive at first, but how could she not help him in return for all he had done so far since meeting him? It seemed like the right thing to do, friends help each other out, no matter how hard, or difficult the favour may be. It was hard to argue against the fact that he'd need two arms if ever encountering a Zenith, which was of course, inevitable it seemed now that they had Beta. It surely wouldn't take them long to figure that one out, if they didn't already know, that was.

"You asked for my help?" Aloy asked, though from the amount of machines parts she'd seen around, she wasn't entirely sure what she was actually needed for. They seemed to have done a great job at collecting resources without her.

"Yes," Kotallo was replying as simply as ever, he did glance Nureka's way when she hummed and frowned. Popping the pencil behind her ear, she pinched at the hologram and was seemingly inspecting the details very closely.

Aloy knew better than most to interrupt the Banuk when she was concentrating on something, and she truly looked utterly lost in thought. "Right, so, where exactly is it, we're going?" A destination would be nice, not that she expected to be led straight into danger by Kotallo.

"The place where you found Beta. There may be possible resources which we will need." He explained, watching as the redhead nodded slowly and placed her hands on her hips. Kotallo wasn't sure whether she was displeased with returning there, or hesitant about it.

The base was dilapidated as it was, let alone with the fighting that Aloy had partook in the last time she was there, the Spectres were truly a handful and had done most of the damage, in her defence there, it wasn't all her. It was a cold place, creepy and ominous too in fact; the place was full of ghosts of long-gone people, and that much was clear and evident when walking the long corridors. It was almost easy to visualise the base when it was functioning, which made it worse when those which knew of that place's existence, had now returned and could've very well have walked the same places Aloy had been in her adventures. It was easier not to think on those small details. They knew the planet when it was their planet, as Nureka had stated, they gave it up, so now it was theirs. Not sure how well or possible it was to take complete ownership of a planet, but she did have a point.