33

"Are you sure it's not going to explode in my face?" Beta looked at Nureka simply when she asked this, she was turning the cylindrical item in her hand sceptically. Nureka couldn't help but sound sceptical, the thing in her hands, though it looked solid enough; she swore it rattled in her hands when she shifted it from one hand to the other...

The hunt that she went on with Varl and Kotallo was somewhat successful, they got pieces which could be used in whichever venture, be it for the generators or the unit to house Gaia; ultimately, Beta and Gaia herself would probably be able to go through the parts they returned home with and say which was viable, and what wasn't.

Nureka looked at Beta confused, the silence and the small frown pulling on her face just had the Banuk looking equally confused back. "It isn't that I don't trust you, Beta. Just...you whipped this up really quickly." Which was very true. Also, by the time the three had returned from their hunt, Beta had seemingly ventured back downstairs to her room. The pieces which were scattered all over the floor were tidied away, Nureka felt bad for that; she made the mess, after all, they should've left it for her to pack away, but they didn't.

"Well, I wasn't suggesting testing it out in here." Beta responded slowly and measuredly as Nureka lowered the item in her hands and looked at Beta with a smile. "Gaia did give me advice and help, and she reassured that everything was wired right. It might not look the best, but it should do the job."

Nureka scratched her neck in thought before looking back towards the door. "Shall we?" It was only fair that Beta came too, she had done most of the hard work, after all, so it would surely be nice for her to see the efforts in working order. Beta seemed a little nervous, yet Nureka was already jumping up and walking towards the door, clearly thinking the redhead was following her.

Reluctantly, Beta did eventually follow. It wasn't that she didn't want to venture outside, it wasn't that she was scared to see what lay beyond the door to the base; it was just, this hesitance that was niggling at her, perhaps it was minor fear, the fear that as soon as she was outside, would she get whisked away. It took everything she had to escape to begin with, as much as she was sure Nureka was a capable fighter, she doubted she'd be able to handle herself for long in a fight against a Zenith.

Beta had to remind herself though, they didn't know this base was here, they were all off the radar. Plus, they wouldn't even be out for very long, right? Beta was trailing a little behind Nureka, and she came out of her thoughts when she realised that all the while, Nureka had been talking. Beta looked at her sadly, she hadn't been listening to her at all, and the look Nureka sent over her shoulder came with a heavy sigh, and a shake of her head. Clearly, she realised Beta hadn't been listening, but didn't wholly mind. It was like that's what she expected.

"If this is all good, then it surely won't take long to make the others, right?" Nureka swiped at the door, the chilled air breezed in slightly and had her letting out a quick shudder before padding out onto the rocky outcrop.

"It shouldn't. Then it's onto the unit to hold Gaia." Beta said while keeping back near the door, she was fine where she was, she could see the demonstration from here.

Nureka turned and looked at her with a puzzled look. "That I think might take a little while, considering what it is, and who is going to be in it..."

"The parts you bought back should be sufficient enough to do the job though." Beta nodded slowly and turned her hand in the opposite direction to how Nureka was. She understood and easily twisted and activated the pulse generator in her hand before nodding slowly. Beta kept her hands by her sides before her eyes widened and Nureka threw the item away from herself while shaking her hand.

"No, no," Nureka leaned down and placed her hand palm down in some snow. She side-eyed the item she just threw, by now smoke was trailing up from it and Nureka was half expecting it to suddenly have flames coming from it. She could feel it heating, slowly at first before it actually started to hurt. "I think something isn't wired right in there, Beta. Unless we just tell everyone to turn them on, put them on the floor and step back, hoping for the best..."