39

"It isn't the falling that is important, it's the getting up and carrying on that is. Even if things look utterly bleak, giving up is too easy, after all; much with falling, if things are coming apart around you, perhaps things are actually falling into place. It's all about perspective, little one. So, up you get, and learn from this fall." Nolu and some very wise words distantly echoed somewhere deep within Nureka's mind. It was extremely easy to get caught up and stuck on the way in which her mother was quite easily taken away from her, the horror and carnage which she both witnessed and took part in was something that just also made Nureka get stuck, like in mud, unable to get free and remember that before she was captured, that her mother was a pretty wise woman. She'd be failing in some part as a Banuk Shaman if she wasn't.

That wasn't to say her father, Sokuta wasn't wise. Even as senses slowly started to come back to Nureka, she could almost imagine what he'd say about this whole situation; her laying, ears slightly ringing, eyes extremely heavy, a nagging sick feeling dwelling in her stomach. "Hit to the head? Don't go to sleep. Make sure to keep drinking though, always need that, no matter what!" Less wise, but still quite useful. Nureka had bumped her head, even as her eyebrows slowly pulled together. She could vaguely remember that Erik kicked her, and she went sailing. There was a fuzzy image of remembrance of her head basically ricocheting off of the ground. Even with her helmet on, she could just about recall the feeling of her head reverberating in it. It hurt. Nureka had felt different variations of pain throughout her life, but that kick and that bump really, right now was taking top prize; merely because her head was so fuzzy and thick, she couldn't place any other pain apart from the obvious one, right here and right now.

Nureka inhaled slowly, felt her ribs pull which had her gritting her teeth. So, something was definitely not right there, even as she opened her eyes and stared upwards, she struggled to calm her heartbeat. Of course, her body was now fully awake and with that all senses, nerves and general feelings were sparking up and coming alive. Her ears were still ringing a little, her eyes were blurry, but the darkness of the room was probably not aiding them focussing; the flicking warm orangey light was coming from candles situated around the room, she couldn't hear the faint flutter of the flames though like usual.

Her hands flexed slowly against the bedding below her, the soft throws were comforting even as another breath was taken in and winced over. Her head felt heavy, her ribs felt like they were burning, all in all she was in pain and feeling sick and light-headed from this barrage all at once. Her body was trying to figure out which and what to focus on and couldn't, so everything was hitting all at once and Nureka gripped onto the bedding before relenting with a sigh.

Small steps, she thought quietly, she didn't feel ready to sit, but she slowly turned her head against the pillow and looked outwards at her bedroom. Her eyebrows rose though, her expression softening as she realised, she wasn't alone. Kotallo had taken up residence at her desk, clearly, he had been here a while and from what she could tell, even from this angle, that he was doing something with his armour. Nureka found her lips pulling upwards slightly, that also hurt. With extremely awkward motions she raised a hand and placed her fingers against her lip until she winced. Another injury to add to the list.

It was easier to focus on what he was doing than on her own pain. Maybe it had got damaged somehow? He seemed utterly focussed though, disturbingly so, he looked...Nureka would say unhappy, but it was more than that. Something was bothering him, and even as she tilted her head against her pillow to try and get a little more comfortable, she couldn't say that expression and that focus was solely because of her. Maybe it was though? She didn't know, but something was nagging in her head, somewhere deep inside her mind something was trying to rise and give a comment, but the fogginess still lingering was dampening and quelling that down.