42

The journey home continued to be rather uneventful, which if Kotallo was honest, he was not complaining over; Nureka had been right earlier, there had been enough fighting today to last anyone and everyone for a while, or at least he hoped so. He wouldn't have been surprised to see ragtag units of rebels still out and about, news travelled fast out here, even more so with the thanks to the Focuses that were distributed about certain people. Kotallo wouldn't be surprised if some in the rebel bands would be vying for control, that was truly inevitable, there would no doubt be someone trying to get control, to pick up where Regalla left off.

But what was there to really pick up from? Those rebels which hadn't been killed at the Grove, were either in cells, or had scattered; hopefully to recollect and get some sense coming suddenly upon them. Kotallo wasn't expecting the rebels to change sides as quickly as they did last time, but he didn't doubt some would come back to the tribe, and their clans.

The former rebel leader hadn't been spotted in his journey, Kotallo was glad of that. The thought of travelling with her just made him frown, he didn't really want her near, nor did he wish to talk to her. He didn't exactly have anything to say to her, and Regalla wasn't stupid, blinded by rage as she was and is, she was incredibly smart; she'd know full well that Kotallo would have rather Aloy have killed her, than kept her alive. Being a formidable fighter or not.

That was the catch, Kotallo did understand why Aloy didn't kill her, Regalla could be useful, and she could get some small semblance of redemption, whether she truly deserved that remained a bugging issue for Kotallo, even as he ducked under low hanging branches. Hearing the fluttering of wings, Kotallo watched a small bird take off flight some further up in the tree. It must've perceived him as a threat to take off.

Hearing a familiar low beep, Kotallo waited silently as he continued walking. "We're about to have more guests, other than just Regalla, Kotallo." There wasn't the usual cheeriness to Nureka's voice which had him pausing in a step. Something was clearly troubling her, and Kotallo commenced walking again, he was near to the base now, whoever the other people coming were, it troubled her enough to contact him, instead of leaving it to tell him when he had returned. Unless it was to prepare him?

Kotallo shook his head slightly, his thoughts getting carried away over scenarios that may not even be plausible; Kotallo didn't really deal with hypotheticals. "Who?"

"Regalla was received with awkward silence when I said she was coming. The news that Tilda, a Zenith is coming...Alva looked like she was about to faint, Erend didn't take it well considering, and Zo remained silent. But I imagine she feels much the same way as Erend. The thought of having a turncoat under our roof does unsettle me. But personally, Sylens coming? My feelings may be akin to how you feel having Regalla near."

Kotallo listened to her explain the other two that he wasn't aware to, he couldn't say he differed; they were, after all, trying to fight against Tilda's people, having her near seemed...wrong, almost. Aloy clearly trusted her enough to allow her near, but everyone probably knew that that trust was very slight. They probably couldn't wholly trust Tilda as far as anyone of them could throw her, she turned sides for a reason, as it was, they weren't exactly looking like the winning side, which is the usual for switching teams, so Tilda was here for other reasons, and those reasons were clearly not going to be known to them.

Sylens, Kotallo had heard this name before, a small while ago, he remembered the explanation as to why Nureka would not like him, or to see him, to hear him, or just have him anywhere near her; yes, she was right, he felt like that with Regalla, they could relate completely there. Someone as secretive as this man, Kotallo was hesitant just like with Tilda, he got the feeling those two were here for reasons which were temporarily aligning with theirs, or they were here for other reasons.