28

"Can you come outside, Kotallo? Also, maybe bring a weapon." Was not the most reassuring, or pleasing thing to suddenly come through the Marshal's Focus. Much like most days, he was within his room, researching past wars and battles; learning and taking apart strategies to perhaps use to the already logged tactics that were within his mind. Completely in his own world, like most times when doing this, the last thing he expected to hear was Nureka's voice come through to talk to him.

She had of course nipped in now and then throughout the past couple of days, no one else tended to really drop in and stick around, all very much consumed by their own tasks at hand. Half the time her visits were accompanied with making sure something to do with his arm would fit, or if it would be comfortable for him. The last thing Nureka wanted was to make something that would aggravate the still healing wound more; though it hadn't been checked over by her for a little while, she was still hugely wary.

Why was there a need for him to take a weapon with him though? Kotallo didn't exactly waste much time in doing so, his sword was already in his hand and he was marching out of his room with a clear purposeful stride. Hearing steady bootsteps had Erend looking up from his own Focus, even moving his head from his hand to watch Kotallo with a raised eyebrow. He wasn't even going to question, or come out with something half-witty; mainly due to the rather stern expression on Kotallo's face. Something was going on there, and Erend was staying clear.

Of course, the natural course of things was to panic, or at least have one's guard up presuming and predetermining that there was a danger, or a threat; why else would a weapon be needed? If Nureka wished to have a rematch and train, she'd surely say as such. Being as he was, Kotallo was trying to break down her simple statement, even the tone of her voice was scrutinised; did she sound worried, panicked, pained, but all of his thoughts came to a stop really when he realised that she just sounded normal. There was nothing different in her tone to make him think he was stepping outside to aid her in some fight or whatever.

Zo had clearly taken a trip back to Plainsong, because in his travels to the nearest exit, or the one he presumed would lead to Nureka, he crossed paths with the Utaru. She had seemingly been out to forage for herbs and such, a small woven together bag hung from her side and even in passing, Kotallo could spy greenery. Stopping and half-turning, Kotallo looked Zo's way, sensing him stopping and pausing had her doing the same. "Is Nureka out there?" He questioned, still with his guard up although slowly lowering, he looked Zo over; she seemed completely fine, if she came from the same direction of Nureka, and was fine, then there was perhaps no danger...and he was being perhaps a little too paranoid.

Being paranoid over someone wasn't completely alien to him, however in the sense that Nureka differed from those that he had been in a squad with, or fought besides, she differed quite a bit. Not that she couldn't fight, it wasn't that; but more the underlining feeling of her being in trouble and him unable to aid made him feel really quite uneasy. But yet again, if Zo had come from where Nureka was and she was fine, then all was good and he was literally just going over all the worst case scenarios because that was usually always how things went.

Zo tilted her head, a strange look on her face had Kotallo looking just a little bit sterner. Sensing that words had clearly been shared between the missing Banuk and the Utaru before him, Kotallo was slowly sensing he was not included in whatever this thing was. He was sensing that perhaps Nureka had asked her to play dumb, to pretend all was fine, shame Zo's slight slip in expressions failed to achieve this.

Being the root of something that was unknown to him wasn't at all pleasing, or reassuring, or whatever. Her reasonings better be good, to get him thinking the worst. "She is, she was collecting water when I saw her." Zo said with a slow nod before patting the bag at her side. "Some of these need to be soaked and washed properly before we can use them to make any medicinal items." It was pre-empting in a way, that medical salves and such would be needed for the Zenith fight.