Chenle - clingy pt.1

I made my way back to my and my boyfriend Chenle's shared apartment, eager to unwind and spend time with him after a day of work.

Fortunately, my boss let me finish work early so I decided to stop by the local bakery and pick up some pastries for us.

-

I finally arrived at the comfort of our home, carrying the freshly baked pastries, ready to save them for later since Chenle had informed me earlier that he was going out with his friends.

I went straight to the kitchen and put the baked goods in the cabinet to save for later.
Just as I was about to head to the bathroom, I heard voices coming from our shared bedroom. So I approached the door enough to hear who was talking.

I instantly recognized Chenle's voice. I was confused since I thought he was out with his friends, but I shrugged it off and tried to hear who he was chatting with. 

I shortly realized that he was talking to his friend Jisung. So I decided just to let them be and make my way to the bathroom.

Just as I was about to turn around, I heard something that made me halt in my tracks.

"Yeah, you're right but honestly, Y/n's clingy as fuck and I can't breath around her" I heard Chenle say.

"But it's cute tho. It shows that she's a loving girlfriend" Jisung said.

"Yeah but it's quite annoying actually. It's like I don't get any personal space anymore."

Hearing this made my heart sink. It felt like it had shattered into multiple pieces. Tears pricked my eyes as I struggled to hold them back, trying my best not to break down on the spot.

Deciding I didn't want to listen to anymore, I ran towards the front door and fled, shutting it quietly, not wanting them to know I overheard their conversation.

As soon as I was out of the building, I could no longer hold back and burst into tears. I then sprinted to the first place that I could think of. The park.
Upon arriving, I slumped down on one of the benches, thinking about what had just occurred.

Am I really that clingy? Am I really a bad girlfriend?

I thought about the things I do that may seem clingy to him.

Stealing his clothes. Embracing him upon his arrival home. Cuddling him while watching tv or in bed. Checking on him to make sure he was alright when it got late and he hadn't yet come home. Calling him when I hadn't seen him in a while, etc..

But isn't that just caring for him?

Dreadful thoughts came barging into my head.

Is he going to break up with me? Is he tired of this relationship? I questioned.

I couldn't lose him. I wasn't ready to lose him.
I need to be a better partner for him. I have to stop being clingy and give him space. I concluded.

-

Chenle's P.O.V

Jisung and I had planned to go to the arcade since we had a lot of free time and we were very bored. Unfortunately, when we reached our destination, we found out it was closed due to renovation, which neither of us had any idea about.

In vain, we decided to go back to my and Y/n's shared apartment to hang out.
I knew she was at work, but even so, I knew she didn't mind. She's very good friends with him after all.

We were in the bedroom just talking about random topics, until suddenly, Jisung started a conversation that I disliked very much.

He noticed a picture of Y/n hanging off the wall in which she was sitting in the beaming sun, smiling brightly at the camera, like she was the happiest girl alive. He started talking about her and how amazing she is and how lucky I am to have her. He wouldn't shut up about her.

I always knew that he had a thing for her but I knew he would never act upon it or try to steal her away from me since we have known each other since diaper days and he knows how much she means to me. But I couldn't help but burn with jealousy while listening to what he was saying.

"Y/n looks so pretty in this photo, doesn't she?" He remarked.

"Well obviously she's-"

"Her smile is so beautiful and she looks so happy" he interrupted me.

"Yes, I know-"

"She's so cute" Jisung said as I discontinued my reply yet again. I was beyond done at this point. I had to get him to shut up before i strangle him, so i said the first thing that popped up in my head.

"Yeah, you're right but honestly, Y/n's clingy as fuck and I can't breath around her" i made up.

"But it's cute tho. It shows that she's a loving girlfriend" Jisung stated.

"Yeah but it's actually quite annoying and it's like I don't get any personal space anymore" I lied yet again.

Jisung didn't reply. The atmosphere quickly became tense and awkward.

Thank god. My plan worked. I thought relieved.

-

Once Jisung had departed, I made my way to the kitchen to look for something to eat. I opened a cabinet only to find some unfamiliar pastries.

That's strange, I don't recall seeing these earlier. But I just shrugged it off, reckoning Y/n must have purchased them earlier.

Speaking of Y/n, she should be home by now. She was supposed to finish work over an hour ago. I hope she's okay.

______________________________________

Pt.2 coming soon :)