Chenle - clingy pt.2

Here's part 2

_________________________________

After a long aimless stroll in the park coming to my decisions, I finally decided to return home, internally preparing myself to face Chenle.

Despite finishing work early, I ended up reaching home much later than I normally  would have.

As I entered the apartment, I was instantly greeted by a worried chenle, who quickly came and embraced me.

"Where were you? You were supposed to finish work over two hours ago." He spoke, his voice laced with worry.

"Sorry, I just felt like taking a walk in the park for a bit of fresh air." I responded blankly, slowly breaking out of his grip.

"Okay, but next time please let me know if you're coming home late. I was worried something had happened." He requested, pulling me in for another hug to which I avoided, leaving him confused. He could tell something was off judging by my current demeanour.

"Are you okay?" I simply nodded and left the room, heading to bed. Chenle stood there dumbfounded but just decided to not push it and give me space.

~Chenle's P.O.V~

The next morning, I woke up only to find the spot beside me empty. I got out of bed and got ready for work. I entered the kitchen, expecting to see Y/n sitting at the table eating breakfast, but she was nowhere to be seen.

Did she already leave? I speculated.

I was confused since she always waits for me so we could eat together. I searched the entire house but I failed to find her.

Maybe she had to start work early.

-

After a few hours of working, it was time for my break. I sat down and took out my phone, checking it, awaiting a text from Y/n. She always texts me while I'm on my break to check up on me. To my surprise, there was no text.

Hours past by and I still didn't hear from her. I was beginning to get a little worried so I decided to send her a message asking if she was okay.

I waited for her reply for what felt like an eternity, until she finally responded with a simple 'yeah'. This left me surprised and hurt.

Then I recalled her behaviour from last night and how she left this morning without waiting for me. There's undoubtedly something up with her.

Did I do something wrong? I wondered.

Maybe It's that time of the month for her. That could explain why she's behaving like this.

-

~Y/n's P.O.V~

Over a week passed and I was still distancing myself from Chenle and acted rather cold towards him.

I didn't run to hug him upon his or my arrival anymore. I didn't cuddle him in bed nor did I wear his clothes.

Basically, I didn't show any affection towards him at all, instead, I just smiled at him and answered with a simple 'hmm' or with very short replies.

But what I didn't notice, was that chenle was immensely affected and hurt by my behaviour. He had no idea what was going on and he hated it.

-

I returned home after a tiring day of work yet again, and as I suspected, I was greeted by Chenle, who came up to me and hugged me, hope glimmering in his eyes as he looked at me. I greeted him then gently broke out of his grip as he looked at my face that held a blank expression, looking back at him.

"I'm gonna go take a shower then head to bed." I informed him to which he just remained standing there, disappointed.

-

I woke up during the night with the sound of sniffles coming from behind me and two arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

I slightly shuffled a bit, causing Chenle to hold me tighter and pull me more into him, refusing to let me go.

"Chenle what's wro-"

"No, please just let me hold you. please." His voice cracking as he interrupted me.

"Are you okay?" I questioned, hesitantly.

"Please just stop. Please." he begged as he started sobbing, his tears dampening my pyjama top.

"S-stop what?"

"Being so cold to me. Distancing yourself from me, please. I miss you. I miss you so much." He pleaded, his voice barely above a whisper.

I felt guilty but nonetheless, still hurt at the same time.
But isn't this what he wanted? I thought.

"Isn't this what you wanted?" I softly spoke, turning around to face him.
Even in the dimply lit room, I could still see the shock evident on his face.

"What? Why would you think that?" He spoke quickly as he looked directly into my eyes, desperation swimming in his eyes.

"I heard you." I said as I looked away, unable to look into his tearful orbs. Now the shocked expression faded and turned into one of confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I heard you tell Jisung how clingy and insufferable I am, so I decided to grant your wish and give you space." I sadly explained.

Chenle suddenly started sobbing even more and tightly squeezed me in his grasp.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. It's not like that. When Jisung came over, he wouldn't stop talking about you and it was pissing me the hell of so I had to say something that would get him to get him to shut up and the first thing that came into mind was to speak badly of you and it worked. I'm so sorry angel."

My jaw dropped as the realization hit me.

"I would never call you clingy. You're not clingy and even if you were, I wouldn't care because I love you for who you are and nothing can change that." He confessed.

"I'm sorry I acted so cold towards you-"

"No, you have nothing to apologise for. I understand why you did it. I mean who wouldn't."

I smiled widely at him and I embrassed him tightly, laying my head on his warm chest.

"I missed this.. I missed you" He confessed, happiness evident in his voice.

"Yeah, so did I."

I looked up at him, only to find him staring at me with sparkling eyes. He leaned down a bit and pressed his lips against mine. The kiss was full of emotions. It was sweet yet passionate and I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach.

As we broke apart, he looked at me with a satisfied look in his face and wrapped his arms tightly around me, placing my head on his chest as he caressed my hair softly, before saying

"I love you so much, angel"

I guess it's true what they say. Communication really is key.

____________________________________

This whole thing took me a while to write lol.