Donghyuck - Fire On Fire

17.5k !!!!!!! I'm literally screaming dncjkdjebfjfkdkd
Thank you sooo much ily 😭💖
This is inspired by "Fire on fire" by Sam Smith.
_____________________________________

The Red Scorpions and the Icy Devils. Two rival gangs who continuously fought to defeat one another. They were a threat to each other which is why they bore an intense amount of hatred.

Y/n, a young woman, was a member of the Icy Devils, their spy to be more specific.

She was often assigned to spy on their rivals to gather all the information she could to take them down.

Donghyuck on the other hand was the Red Scorpions' spy. Like y/n, his job was to gather intelligence on the rival gang and report back to his gang to defeat them.

But one thing they never did was enter each other's territory; that would be like setting fire on fire and would end in a blood bath.

Yes, they despised each other but who was to say that wouldn't change?

-

"Y/n, Taeyong wants to see you" The girl whipped her head toward the source of the voice and her eyes landed on Jaehyun, her fellow gang member.

"For fucks sake" Y/n cussed under her breath, almost certain she knew what he wanted. Taeyong wasn't a bad leader but he wasn't the nicest either, and she could tell by Jaehyun's tone of voice that it was serious.

She sighed heavily before exiting the room with a grumpy look on her face.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Y/n quite literally barged into the room, startling Taeyong in the process.

"I need you to spy on the Red Scorpions," He said with a stern look on his face, making the girl sigh.

"I've already done this three times this week, all of which failed"

"I don't care, you're doing it again"

"But-"

"This is not up for discussion. You are getting your gear and going to spy on those fuckers and that's final." The leader spoke sternly with an angry expression on his face.

Y/n sighed for what felt like the umpteenth time this hour and muttered a slight "fine" before departing the room.

-

Dressed in disguise, the young girl crept around the abandoned backstreets of the bustling city.

She had done this countless times but had to be extremely cautious nonetheless.

She looked around for what felt like hours and as predicted, she didn't find anything.

Finally giving up, the girl turned back but was stopped when she turned around the corner to a deserted alley and crashed into something hard, causing her to stumble back from the impact.

"Watch where you're going dickhead!" She spat eyes finally landing on the tall, male figure dressed in black, much like herself.

But when their eyes met, they saw them sparkle and thus felt a strong spark between them.

"Who are you?" The male asked suspiciously.

"Well, who are you?" Y/n replied emphasizing the 'you'.

"I asked first"

"Well, I-" she discontinued her sentence when she spotted something on his hand, a tattoo with the letters R and S, sitting above a scorpion.

Y/n quickly connected the dots and then realized.

"Wait- you're a Red Scorpion??"

"How the fuck do you kno- wait you're an icy devil aren't you?" The two youngsters glared at each other, looks of disgust evident on their faces.

"Never thought I'd encounter one of you assholes face to face"

"I could say the same, dickhead." The two glared at each other but they'd be lying if they said it wasn't to conceal the spark that they both felt within.

They were secretly intrigued by each other.

-

Over the next few weeks, Y/n and Donghyuck kept 'accidentally' bumping into each other, same place, same time. At first, it was a coincidence but after a while, they started to meet intentionally.

During this time, they got to know and trust each other. They told their fellow gang members that they were on spy duty when they were secretly meeting up.

They eventually fell for each other and completely forgot about their differences. They loved each other deeply which is all that mattered.

As time passed, their gangs started to get suspicious about their behavior but couldn't figure out what they were doing, despite confronting them. If only they knew.

-

"Hey" the girl turned around to lock eyes with her lover, though her face held a sad expression.

"Hey" she muttered with a half smile.

"What's up? You okay?" The boy asked concerned.

"I'm tired of this. I'm tired of having to meet so discretely. I hate that I only get to see you for a few hours at night"

Donghyuck thought for a moment before blurting out "Let's run away," The girl look at him wide-eyed.

"W-what? We can't do that"

"Why not? We both hate what we do and how we live, so let's run away. I love you and I want to be with you freely"

"Okay, let's do it-" loud voices made the girl discontinue her sentence and their heads snapped towards the source only to witness both of their gangs clashing.

Both gangs had gone to catch their respective spy when they unfortunately collided which made all hell break lose.

The two lovers hid before running away as fast as they could for good. They didn't know where they were going or what they were doing.

What they were doing should've got them killed but the desire was too strong.

People would say that they were out of control, some would even say they were sinners, but nothing stopped them, even if it was fire on fire.

_____________________________________

Yes I am aware that this is like Romeo and Juliet but I thought it fit well
Idk how to feel abt it tho lol