Jaemin - An angel's protection

15k WHAT!!!!! TYSM ILY 😭💖
I updated a lot sooner than usual 😁
Hope this isn't too bad
______________________________________

"Jaeminnn!"

I said, running over to the platinum blond-haired figure known as Jaemin and my guardian angel.

"What is it, angel?" It's ironic, he was the angel yet that was his nickname for me.

"He finally did it!" his face dropped.

"Who did what?" He hoped- no, prayed that I wasn't going to say what he thought I was, but alas, it was exactly what I said.

"He asked me out!" I squealed in excitement but Jaemin just sighed in disappointment.

You see, Jaemin is my guardian angel, therefore, he's been with me through it all, the good and the bad.

He watched me grow up and stood beside me every step of the way, he was so caring and understanding and he always protected me and made sure that I was safe from everyone and everything that could harm me.

One thing that Jaemin didn't approve of was my choice of men.

It started when I got into my first relationship a few years ago, and things were going pretty well.

We were happy and loved each other, or so I thought, because a few months into our relationship, I caught him cheating with a girl who I despise.

This, of course, left me heartbroken. I was so devastated and miserable that I couldn't function properly for a few weeks, but Jaemin got me through it.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the last time he had to deal with that shit because the same thing happened a few more times after that, all of which ended in a mess, which of course, left me heartbroken every time.

Yet Jaemin never gave up on me, he stayed with me day and night, comforting me and being a shoulder for me to cry on. He never complained, he just did it. He was there to protect me.

But he grew frustrated by what I was doing and how easily I trusted these guys, only to get my heart broken every single time. It wasn't because he was sick of me, it was because he hated, more than anything to see me hurt.

The pain and suffering I went through after each breakup broke his heart every time. He even secretly cried at times because he couldn't stand seeing the pain in my eyes and the devastated look on my face.

Recently, I've developed yet another crush which again turned into me falling in love with him.

Jaemin knew this and to say he was unhappy about it was an understatement, even more so this time, for two reasons; One, I get easily attached meaning it's probably not going to end well and two, the boy I fell for happened to be Lee Jeno, also known as the most popular boy in school who had a bad reputation so the likelihood that my heart will get broken was double the usual.

Why I had fallen for him? Jaemin had no idea but he could see where this was going clearly.

"Y/n, I'm gonna stop you there, this is not a good idea," he said with a serious look on his face.

"What's not a good idea?"

"You dating him, it's not gonna end well,"

"What makes you say that?" I said earning myself a 'are you serious' look.

"Really? So the last three relationships weren't a good enough example?"

"But Jeno's different-"

"Yea, he's different 'cause he's worse! Hell, Renjun is more decent than him and that's saying something." He had a point, Renjun was the worst one I've had so far.

"But I really like him," this time he sighed in frustration.

"No, you don't. He's manipulated you and everyone into falling for him to cover up the fact that he's a fucking bastard."

"Look, I want to go out with him and see where it goes, you never know, he could be the one,"

"Yea...I'm 100% sure that he's not. In fact, I'm convinced that he's the devil in human form."

"I'm going out with him and that's final." I said before storming off, leaving the troubled angel drowning in his worries.

-

It had been a few weeks since Jeno asked me out and it's been going well. We've been on a few dates and I was ecstatic. He was charming, funny, and handsome, what was there not to love?

Though I started to notice that something was off about Jeno.

He looked on edge nearly every time we met up as if he was nervous or hiding something and sometimes when I approached him at school, he'd either shrug me off or make up some excuse to get rid of me.

Of course, me being the blind person I am, didn't think anything of it until I caught him making out with who I now realized was his side bitch.

I gasped in shock before immediately running out of the building. I ran home and sobbed into my pillow, the stream of tears wetting the sheets.

"I'm so stupid, Why didn't I listen to Jaemin? He was right- fuck he's always right. I'm such a fucking idiot!" I sobbed to myself.

"As if on cue, I suddenly felt a presence in the room, I looked up and I was met with the dark brown orbs of my beautiful guardian angel.

He gave me a sad smile and it was enough to tell me that he knew exactly what had happened.

He lay next to me and scooped me into his arms while he comforted me.

"Why do you do it? Why do you always comfort me when I never listen to you? Why do you put up with my shit?"  I whispered on the verge of falling asleep.

"Because I know you're a good person and you just want to be loved, and I'm always gonna be here to protect and comfort you. It's what I'm here for," I didn't hear what he said as I had already drifted off into a deep slumber.

Jaemin made sure that I was asleep before adding

"...And because I love you, angel."

____________________________________

Idk how to feel about this one-
Also coming up with a name was hard 😳