Donghyuck - Nightcall

Yes, I do apologize for my disappearance but I'm still here :)
This is inspired by 'nightcall' by London Grammar <3
_____________________________________

Donghyuck is my best friend. We've been best friends since we were 9 when we crashed into each other when I tripped over a football at the park.

We went to the same school, middle school, and high school so we saw each other almost every day, which eventually lead us to become inseparable.

We did everything together. We would hang out constantly and share our deepest and darkest secrets. We were partners in crime, two peas in a pod who stuck together.

We were best friends and that's all we were until something changed.

Donghyuck had a group of friends that he introduced me to and accepted me into their little group which gave me people to hang out with when Donghyuck was busy or sick.

But hanging around them made me notice my feelings for Donghyuck which at first, I tried to deny but over time, I realized that I had fallen in love with my best friend.

After that, I started to notice him more and I often found myself thinking about him and fantasizing about us being together, so that's when I finally accepted my feelings for him.

He became the light of my life and the focus of my day. His generous gestures and proximity that I once shrugged off now made me flustered and feel butterflies.

Everything about him was amazing. His smile, his laugh, the way he gets excited when he wins a game and how he becomes protective of me when needed.

I could no longer see him as just my best friend, he was now my world, my love, and everything in between.

What hurts is that I couldn't tell him, I wouldn't dare risk our friendship that means everything to me. I couldn't live with myself if I pushed away the person who made me the happiest because of my feelings for him.

Except for one day, he dropped a bombshell on me, my biggest fear and the thing I dreaded most in my life.

It was the day he told me his family was moving to another city that was the furthest away from here.

I broke down into a crying fit when he told me the news and it felt as if my heart had been ripped out and torn to pieces while my world crashed down. I couldn't believe it, it felt like I was about to lose a piece of myself.

Donghyuck dreaded telling me because moving was the last thing he wanted but he had no choice, he knew he had to tell me sooner or later so he did it five months in advance to give me time to process it.

So we took it upon ourselves to make the most of the few months that we had left together by doing everything fun we could think of which led us to see each other 24/7.

This did not help my case, because as amazing as it was being with him all the time, it only made me fall even harder for the boy which made the thought of him leaving a hundred times worse.

Then just like that, the dreaded day came around the corner, and to say I was devastated was an understatement.

I can't count the number of tears that I held back for his sake as I didn't want him to feel even worse than he already did, but he knew me far too well and could see right through me.

Despite knowing and preparing myself for months, I still couldn't get over the fact that he'd be gone and I'd be alone once again.

Yet, I was still terrified to tell him as I didn't want our last day together to be ruined and awkward, even though I was desperate to.

So when it was time to bid our goodbyes, I stayed strong and kept quiet.

As I lay on my bed that night, the ache in my heart and the pain I felt within me were too strong for me to withstand and what made it worse was that Donghyuck was leaving without knowing how I felt.

Each minute that passed made me feel worse until I could no longer take it, I needed to tell him so that's when I said "Fuck it"

I grabbed my phone and dialed his number, praying to God that he'd pick up. It was urgent and it couldn't wait till morning. I hadn't the faintest idea how to put it into words so I did it the only way I could.

"Hello, Y/n?"

"I-I-"  I was struggling to hold back my sobs as I tried to speak.

"Y/n, are you okay?"

"~I'm giving you a nightcall to tell you how I feel~." I sang softly.

This was it, I was ready to confess everything.

"Wha-"

"~I'm gonna drive you through the night, down the hill~"

"Y/n-"

"~I'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear~" I continued

"What is it-"

"~I'm gonna show you where it's dumped but have no fear~"

"Y/n, what's going on?" I ignored him and continued while I had the courage.

"~There's something inside you, it's hard to explain~"

"Y/n what are you-"

"~There's something inside you boy, but you're still the same~"

I was hoping thag he would pick up on what I meant since he knew me so well and fortunately that's exactly what happened.

"Y/n are you trying to tell me that..." He paused.

"That I love you? Yes. I've loved you for the longest time yet I couldn't tell you because I didn't want to ruin what we had and I was a coward, but I love you and everything about you. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but I couldn't let you leave without telling you, I'm sorry-" with that I started sobbing uncontrollably, all of my built-up emotions finally releasing.

I didn't know what I was expecting him to say and neither did he seeing as he went silent, making every second feel like torture until the line cut off.

That's it. It's over and he hates me. Y/n you fucking idiot.

I collapsed on the floor and sobbed harder than I ever have in my life as the realization that I'd lost him finally hit me.

Amidst my sobbing fit, I heard a thump on my window and when I looked outside, my heartbeat sped up and I thought I was hallucinating due to my state.

"Donghyuck? What are you-"

"Y/n, I could tell you a million things right now, but I'm just gonna cut to the chase, I love you too, I love you so much you have no idea how you make me feel," he took a deep breath before continuing.

"And I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I was scared like you, but I couldn't leave knowing you love me too," I couldn't believe my ears. He felt the same. He was standing outside my house confessing his love for me.

"Donghy-"

"Come with me" he blurted as I discontinued my sentence.

"W-what? Where?"

"Let's leave this city and live our lives full of freedom and excitement,"

"But you're moving-"

"I don't care about that, I don't care about anything but you, Y/n, please come with me" He looked at me with pleading eyes full of hope and that was all I needed to run outside.

I ran to him with my arms open ready to embrace him but as I reached him, he smashed his lips on mine with so much force that I stumbled back a little.

It was soft yet full of passion and love and I felt fireworks erupt in me.

"Let's go" We got in his car and then drove off into the night, leaving everything behind but it didn't feel like it because we had each other and that's all that mattered.
______________________________________

Nightcall is my favorite song atm istg I love it. (P.s this is just my interpretation of the song, it can have other meanings to others) <3