Jeno - Make a wish pt.1

Idek what to write here anymore lol
Anyways enjoy :D
_____________________________________

Everyone is born with one wish that they can use at any time in their life, but they only get one. They may wish for anything they desire except the following;

-They cannot wish or prevent death upon themselves or anyone else.
-They cannot make someone fall in love with them.
-They cannot wish for a different life.
They could only be little yet effective wishes.

I was 21 years old and I hadn't yet used my wish, simply because I didn't need to.

I lived in a small yet cosy apartment in a big, exciting city, in which I worked as a customer service manager in an office building. Not to mention I had the best boyfriend I could ever ask for.

His name was Jeno and he was an amazing, kind and sweet man with a soul as pure as gold. He was caring and patient with me and never once did he fail to make me happy.

I had my dream house, dream job and dream man. My life was perfect. But that all changed one disastrous day...

-

"Oh cut the crap, Jeno"

"I'm not lying I swear!" He was trying his best to stay calm as he defended himself.

"This is the third time this week you've come home two hours late!"

"I told you, I was asked to cover for a colleague who's off sick"

"So it has nothing to do with your new boss who keeps flirting with you?" It's true, he had recently got a new boss who has been flirting with him for the past two months but he wasn't doing anything about it.

"Why can't you trust me??" He too was raising his voice now visibly frustrated by my ridiculous behaviour.

"How can I trust you? You've lied before and I don't know what goes on there!"

Deep down this was a lie. I had full confidence in him and trusted him with my life, even. I knew he would never do anything like that but I was too blinded by rage and fear to care.

The reason I was acting like this was that I was scared that he'd realise that there is nothing special about me and he'll get bored and leave me for someone better.

I had severe trust issues due to childhood trauma, so I couldn't help it. I was always worried that he'd leave me as everyone else did.

"Do you even know me? Clearly, you don't if you think that I'd ever do something like that"

"Yeah, well that's what everyone else said before they left" My voice was quieter and I looked at my feet for a moment, recalling the traumatic memories, before tilting my head towards him, just in time to see him roll his eyes.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Did you seriously just roll your eyes at something you know traumatised me?" Jeno ignored me and walked away without sparing me a single glance until he stopped in his tracks hearing the next words that came out of my mouth.

"Sometimes I wish I never met you!!" Suddenly a noise that resembled wind was heard and a wave of smoke appeared, spreading through the room and just like that, the man I loved disappeared into a pit of light smoke.

I was too enraged to realise what I'd done to care so I stormed into the bedroom and went to sleep.

-

"Miss Y/n!" I stirred in my sleep at the faint calling of my name but I was too sleepy to care.

Suddenly I felt a strong pain in my head, making me sit up.

"What the fuck?!" My eyes were still closed as I rubbed my head to soothe the pain.

"Wake up my dear" My eyes shot open and instantly landed on the figure standing beside my bed.

It was.. wait- m-me?? only I had shiny, curly brown hair that sat below a glowing, white halo. My dress was white and flowy and I much resembled an angel.

I stared blankly at her, knowing that I was obviously dreaming until she spoke.

"Finally you're awake!" I instantly screamed, grabbing the nearest object, it being my phone and threw it at this angel-like figure.

"Oww! Don't throw my phone!" She rubbed the part of her arm where the device hit her. So I'm hallucinating now, never done that before, but okay.

"You're not hallucinating my dear, I'm the spirit of your past. I have come to take you down memory lane." So now she's a mind-reading angel... Am I dead or something?

"H-how- wha-?" Eyes wide and eyebrows furrowed, my mouth was slightly hung open as I gaped at myself- this person or whatever you want to call her, thunderstruck.

"Come, my dear, there's much to see." She offered her hand which I hesitantly took and the next thing I knew I was standing in the living room.

Wait what- I was just in my room and now I'm here? So this is how life has become.

Eyebrows furrowed, my eyes scanned the surroundings until they landed on the couple on the sofa. It was Jeno and I.

"Okay what the actual fuck-"

"Language dear." Weird angel me scolded and I merely stood there bewildered, observing the scene before me.

"Wha- how..." I trailed off, having no idea what the fuck was going on.

We were laying on the sofa together, in each other's embrace, a random film playing in the background which neither of us was paying attention to, but only to each other.

I watched as the couple munched on a bunch of snacks and conversed, enjoying each other's company, when out of the blue, something hit me.

"Wait, won't they see us?"

"Relax my dear, we are invisible to them. We are visiting a memory." I visibly calmed down at her words. 

"I remember this..." I trailed off, my voice was soft as I watched the two of us, laughing and being silly.

"You were happy, weren't you?" The angel looked at me bearing a delicate smile on her face.

"Yea...yea we were." I was lost in a daze, reminiscing how happy we were, how perfect everything was.

"Come, darling, let us visit another memory." She held my hand and once again, we teleported...

I frantically scanned the new scenery and realised that we were standing on a hill, overlooking the large city, then my eyes landed on the familiar couple.

There we were, hand in hand, laying on the grass as we stared into the beautiful night sky.

"Do you remember this?" The angel asked softly.

"Yes, we came here after I fought with my parents..." I smiled, recalling that specific memory. "...He thought coming here would calm me down and it worked."

"See, you were happy with him. I can see the love and happiness in your eyes." I tilted my head towards the night sky and gawked at the silvery-white, crescent moon that was surrounded by a thousand twinkling stars.

"I was..." I thought about last night and my smile vanished, soon replaced with one of sadness.

"Always remember the good memories you shared, they're so precious." I didn't reply.

"It looks like my job here is done and now I leave you with the spirit of your present." Reminiscing what she said, I watched as the angel vanished, when a voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, bestie,"

____________________________________

part 2 coming soon
Am I writing this at 4:27 am? Yes.
Do I have to get up early? Yes.
Am I unable to wake up and sleep through 12 alarms? Absolutely.
In conclusion, my sleeping schedule is fucked up :')