Mark - Toxic fools

I literally updated twice in one day what????
This isn't normal- 😱
Ok so this is a personal experience and happened a few months after the chenle lovesick imagine story.
(Pls don't come at me I was having a rough year 😭)
___________________________________

We started as two strangers who knew nothing about each other, only that we went to school together.

His name was Mark.

In the beginning, we would merely greet each other in the halls and that was the extent of it.

Yet as time passed, we got to know each other and the next thing we knew, we were obliviously in love with one another.

At first, neither of us realised we did, or at least I didn't, this, of course, made me deny any feelings I had for him- but this all changed one faithful day.

It was the day he finally confessed, it wasn't in the most romantic way, as it was through text, but that didn't change the euphoria that washed over me and only then did I accept and recognise the feelings a had for the boy.

I happily confessed that I reciprocated his feelings and that's when it all started. Though we never made anything official, we still decided to keep it a secret-

However, that shortly failed, as both of us immediately told our best friends and before we knew it, everyone had discovered our secret.

They only teased us about it every day, high-key shipping us, calling us endgame or whatever but we didn't care, we were too head over heels for each other.

We were happy together. We would have late-night conversations talking about random things and go on cute dates. I would make him laugh and vice versa. We loved each other deeply.

We respected each other's privacy, he neve forced me into something or clung to me and he was supportive of all my choices- what more could I ask for?

Sure, like every couple we had our moments but our bond was too strong to ever let anything come between us.

We were fools for each other.

We said we'd get married and start a family and stay together till death due us part- but things started to change.

As time progressed and our relationship continued, I became possessive.

I would be so jealous and hurt if he were to talk to any other girl, no matter the circumstances.

The sharp pain I felt if he ignored me, intentionally or not, would be evident on my face and in my mood. When he'd notice, he'd push me to tell him what was wrong.

He too became jealous, and would constantly remind everyone that I was his and threatened anyone who dared to flirt with me.

It became toxic, so toxic that our bond weakened but somehow, our jealousy increased.

I heard from a friend that he had told her he liked her which infuriated me, it made me resentful towards the girl.

But the anger morphed into sadness when I confronted him, though he assured me that she was lying to cause problems between us. This left me a tad suspicious but I chose to push these feelings away and believe him.

He started to flirt with girls behind my back, while somehow still being jealous and possessive of me.

I was so heartbroken and hurt by this and it made me resentful.

Yet I, was a hypocrite as I obliviously started flirting with his best friend Donghyuck who stabbed Mark in the back by telling me he liked me.

I was stunned yet delighted. I wasn't used to people liking me so it made me ecstatic, so I did everything in my power to keep him.

I craved the attention and the fact that he had feelings for me.

One day, he told me he was giving up on me since I was dating Mark, but I so desperately wanted him to still like me that I did something so irrational and told him that I liked him- this of course was a lie, but I didn't care. I thrived off the attention.

Ironically, I was still deeply in love with Mark and vice versa, but it became extremely toxic.

We started caring either too much or too little, which messed with our feelings.

One time, he started ignoring me for no particular reason which left me heartbroken and miserable for days and I didn't think about anything but him.

When he finally contacted me after a week, I couldn't have been more relieved and I sounded so desperate to keep him as I repeatedly told him that I loved him.

Then one unfortunate day, we got into an argument so big that it lead us to ignore each other for a while.

Months had passed without any contact until he messaged me out of the blue, asking me if I still loved him.

Though we never officially broke up, we hadn't seen each other since the argument.

As for his question, I did the unexpected and bluntly told him that I had lost all feelings for him, which pained him but not enough to do anything about it, so we agreed to stay friends.

This, however, was more toxic than ever as we would talk one day and fight the next.

We had an argument so big that it ended our friendship and everything we'd been through together perished.

From that day on, we never spoke again. We walked past each other as strangers who had never met, as if nothing ever happened between us.

We treated each other as mere strangers. We were toxic for each other and we were fools- We were toxic fools.

____________________________________

Yea this is shitty but it felt like an interesting story to write about.
Again, this happened after the lovesick story
I've obviously changed since then but I was young and stupid back then 😭