Jaemin - Beauty in darkness

-Fluff
I like this one
Enjoy :)
_____________________________________

Ncytophilia; loving darkness or night; finding relaxation or comfort in the dark.

-3rd person's P.O.V

Y/n has nyctophilia. She loves the dark and everything about it. She loved how deep the night was, how the silvery moon hung so elegantly in the sky, it's white light sprinkling on the ground as the molten-gold stars covered the sky like scattered moondust.

Every night, she would climb onto the roof of her house and spend hours gazing at the stunning view above her.

For her, the starry night sky was a time of comfort and peace. It was a time for her to escape reality and reflect on life.

She'd simply just sit there staring up at it. It was always completely silent, the only sound being the wind whistling through trees and she felt as if she was the only person on earth.

Truthfully, she didn't like the daytime. She didn't like the daylight as it was just too bright for her and her eyes couldn't really adjust to it. Besides, it was far too busy for her liking as it was so crowded full of intolerable people and stressful life problems, that it felt too stuffy and overwhelming. She felt like she couldn't breathe.

But when the sunset and the stars appeared, she took a deep breath and the feeling of the fresh air entering her lungs was euphoric.

Not even the weather could stop her. Whether it was raining, snowing, or a thunderstorm going on outside, she would still climb onto the roof and do the same as she always did.

She would stay awake till the early hours of the morning just enjoying the atmosphere, even if she was just looking out her window at times.

You could say she had intense nyctophilia.

-

-Y/n's P.O.V

Night fell upon us once again and I was slumped on the couch, bored and doing nothing when I suddenly got the urge to go out. So I grabbed my jacket and keys and left, shutting the door behind me.

After strolling aimlessly for about 5 minutes, I found myself in front of the local 24/7 convenience store.

The store was empty other than the employee and one boy who looked a slight bit older than me. I wandered up and down all the aisles looking to buy something random

Next thing I knew, everything just switched off and went pitch black, signifying the power had cut off. Of course, I wasn't the slightest bit frightened. If anything I found it quite thrilling.

Attempting not to trip over anything in the pitch-black store, I walked to where I presumed to be the shop windows. I looked out, hoping to see the light shining from the street lights only to find that there was no light at all.

Sighing in defeat, I turned around but instantly stopped in my tracks, as I heard soft whimpers and sobs, coming from the far end of the store.

Curiously, I cautiously moved towards the source, trying not to bump into anything

Then the rational part of me remembered that something called a flashlight existed on my phone. I pulled it out and faced it forwards, lighting up the surroundings until I spotted a figure.

I approached the person slowly, and I was met by the boy from earlier, crouched down and shaking while soft whimpers left his lips. He was basically sobbing and it pained me to see him in such a state.

I slightly moved forward, attempting my best not to scare the poor boy
"Hey, are you okay?" I asked with a soft voice.

He visibly flinched but tilted his head up nonetheless.
"I-I d-don't-" he breathed out.

I gave him a concerned look, urging him to continue.
"I-I'm scared of the d-dark" My eyes softened. as much as I loved the dark, I knew that it brought horror to others.

I crouched down to his level.
"Hey, hey, it's alright. I'm here." Trying to assure him.

"Please, s-stay here with m-me"
"I'm not going anywhere" I assured him, placing my hand on his shoulder.

After a few minutes, he had calmed down a bit and that's when an idea popped into my head.

"Come with me" I stood up, offering him my hand, which he hesitantly took and slowly led him towards to door.

The street was dark and nearly empty, only the occasional car passing by and momentarily lighting up the area. The only source of light other than that was the moon.

This wasn't the first time I'd been in a situation like this so I wasn't scared. Sure it's not something you'd do regularly but I knew the place well enough to know that it was safe.

"I want to show you something." I turned to him.
"Only if you want to of course. I mean, it's not like there's any light here anyway." I chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood a bit.

He looked at me, a frightened yet soft look on his face.

He didn't know why, but something inside him trusted you and he felt safe with you.

He just stared at me for a moment before nodding his head in approval. I smiled and led him to a specific place, his hand still in my grasp.

Reaching our destination, I stopped, making the boy copy my actions. As he scanned the surroundings he realised that we were on a hill, overlooking the distant city lights.

On that particular night, the sky was aglow with bright city lights. The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky, while sparkling and shimmering stars danced around it. However, some areas were dark due to the power cut.

"This is a special place that I visit." I began
"I only come here occasionally when I need
an escape from everything." I paused.

"But I don't come here very often, otherwise, it wouldn't be special anymore" I explained.

He cleared his throat.
"I've always been afraid of the dark. Ever since I was young, I've hated it and I hated being alone in it. I don't exactly know what caused it, but it's always been that way."

"I know many people who hate it, and it's okay. But there's nothing to be afraid of. You just have to look past it and search for the beauty in it."

I glimpsed at him through the corner of my eye and saw him admiring the twinkling, golden stars that littered the sky, surrounding the silvery moon. I saw the sparkle in his eyes. He looked mesmerised. I fully turned to him only to find him already staring at me.

I admired his features. He had light brown hair that looked so soft and fluffy and his slightly pink lips looked so delicate. His eyes sparkled brightly under the moonlight and his jawline was as sharp as a blade. He was very handsome indeed.

So focused on his features, I didn't notice his lips curling up into a small smile. He lightly coughed trying to get my attention.

I quickly snapped out of my trace, a shade of pink tinting my cheeks and I thanked the heavens that it was dark.

He chuckled softly.
"What's your name?"

"Y/n. What about you?"
"I'm Jaemin." He smiled at me before continuing.

"Thank you for this. It's made me realise that maybe the dark isn't so bad after all."

"Think of the moon as a friend to talk to and rely on, someone who will listen to you without judging you. And see the stars as beacons of hope for all the lost souls out there." I smiled at him.

"You just have to look at it from a different perspective." He beamed at me as we sat on the soft grass.

We sat there in a comfortable silence, gazing at the stars and simply enjoying each other's presence. It felt great to have company for once.

-

Some might think she's crazy. Some may say she's insane, but in reality, she's just a normal girl who found beauty in darkness.

____________________________________

I wrote this since I've been finding so much comfort in the dark lately (not that I didn't use to) and it really is beautiful.
..again, fuck my sleeping schedule-