13

Y/n soon arrived back at the compound with the biggest grin on his face. "That was amazing!" He laughed as he was greeted by Tony, Steve, Nat, and Wanda. Y/n immediately walked inside, beginning to ramble on and on about his day. "I just felt so- free! There's something about swinging around New York that just- wow." Y/n rambled as he made his way through the common area and into the hallways. Steve smiled fondly as he watched y/n just walk in without properly greeting them. "Nice to see you too..." He teased under his breath, earning a light slap on his arm from Natasha. It was so nice to see y/n happy, and talkative. Usually it was hard to even get a few words out of him, yet here he was talking their ears off. The group followed y/n down the halls as he talked about every single detail, nodding whenever he turned around to check they were still there.

Y/n had eventually changed out of his suit into something a little comfier, still buzzing from it all as he handed the suit to Tony. "So, good day?" He asked in a slightly teasing tone as he took the suit from him. Tony set the suit on the side for now, planning to get it hung up in its own area later. Y/n grinned with a nod, clenching and unclenching his fists. His hands were still so sticky from webbing around, he didn't know how Peter dealt with it. "You want to know the best part?" He asked, causing Tony to chuckle a little. He thought he'd heard all the details. "People saw me. They saw me! They took pictures and I didn't have to hide." Y/n smiled. That was what meant the most to him. He didn't have to be a shadow anymore. He was free to be himself. "Thanks, Tony!" Y/n called out as he left the room, wanting to find everyone else. Tony froze for a moment as he heard what y/n said, a fond smile appearing on his face as he leant against the table in the middle of the room. Wow. Just the idea of being seen meant so, so much to y/n. It was bittersweet. Tony knew how much Hydra kept him a secret, they all did, so seeing him so excited after all those years of being a shadow was amazing.

Y/n managed to find himself in the kitchen. Well, it was more like he was dragged to the kitchen. Him and Natasha had been forced to judge the cooking competition, since everything was out of the oven and cooled by now. Both struggled to keep a straight face as they sat at the breakfast bar, waiting for the two teams to present their creations.

Sam and Vision were up first, deciding to really play in to the scene. Fancy music begun to play in the background as the lights dimmed just enough to see, causing Nat and y/n to struggle even more to hold their laughter. Sam suddenly strolled in to the kitchen, a dish towel draped over one arm like a waiter, the other arm behind his back, and his head held high. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to present to you your dessert. Crafted carefully by two top chefs, perfectly for your taste. It is known globally for it's excellence. I present to you, the 'Vision Samsterpiece' cake!" Sam announced in the poshest accent he could muster, somehow keeping a straight face the whole time. Sam gestured toward the door, waiting for Vision to walk through. But, before Vision could, Scott casually strolled in. His eyes wide at the confusing situation he'd walked in on. "Am I...?" He asked in confusion, not even needing to finish his question before Sam quickly pushed him out of the kitchen. Y/n and Nat struggled to hold in their laughter, having to take deep breaths in attempt to play along with the serious scene. Once Scott was out of the way, Vision gracefully walked in with their cake. From afar it looked okay, but as Vision brought it closer y/n realised how messy it was. Not only that but both Sam and Vision were covered in frosting, probably more than the cake itself. "Well, it looks..." Natasha started, pursing her lips together in attempt not to laugh as she glanced over at y/n. "Edible?" Y/n finished Nat's sentence, laughing a little before he stopped himself. Sam tried his hardest not to smile, wanting to stay in character. "Well, we do specialise in edible things. Here, take a slice." He hummed, motioning to Vision who had cut up two slices for the judges. Y/n looked at the slice with wide eyes, it was obvious they'd attempted to make the cake colourful, but it had just ended up a murky grey. He shared a nervous glance with Natasha before they dug in to the cake, and god, it was terrible. "Mmm! Very vinegary..." Nat hummed with a laugh, struggling to finish the small bite she had. Y/n laughed, trying his hardest not to gag as he tried to swallow his bite. Vision's face seemed to drop in confusion, glancing over to Sam. "Vinegary? Sam, that was your job to add the vanilla extract." Sam looked as shocked as Vision, shrugging as he put his hands up in defense. "Hey! I got the vanilla extract from Bucky-" Sam's face seemed to fall as he realised that Bucky had purposefully given him the wrong thing. "That little sh-" Vision suddenly cut Sam off with wide eyes. "Restaurant etiquette!" He whispered with a grin, enjoying staying in character.

It was eventually Wanda and Bucky's turn, and, let's just say the expectations weren't very high after Sam and Vision's mess of a cake. The lights seemed to dim again, but this time tropical music begun to play from the speakers. Wanda stepped in to the kitchen, wearing a brightly coloured shirt with a hibiscus pattern over her apron. She grinned happily, trying to stay in character. "Welcome to paradise! As you are our very special guests, the chefs have decided to make their most famous dish. I present to you, the 'Wandatastic Buckyside-Down' cake!" She exclaimed, gesturing to the doorway. She laughed a little, nodding to Bucky in the doorway who must've not wanted to come in. But, Bucky soon stepped in to the kitchen with the cake, struggling to stay in character. He had a shirt covered in palm trees on over his apron, and his face was bright red out of embarrassment. Bucky tried his hardest not to laugh as he carried the cake over to the counter, setting it in front of the judges. Once again, it looked great from far away, but as they got closer it was revealed that both Bucky and Wanda were covered in flour, with Bucky still having quite a bit in his hair. The cake looked decent, with a sort of beach theme going on. It was obvious Wanda had tried her hardest to salvage it. Nat and y/n glanced at each other with a slightly impressed look, both still trying not to laugh. "Well, the theme is definitely there!" Y/n grinned, glancing over at Bucky who was silently laughing. Wanda cut two slices for the judges to have, gently nudging Bucky to try and get him back in to character. "Try it!" She exclaimed. Natasha and y/n nodded, both digging in to their slices. As soon as y/n took his first bite, his face seemed to scrunch up in disgust, giggling with wide eyes. Natasha had a similar reaction, shaking her head as she grabbed a tissue to spit the cake out. "Well, it definitely tastes like sand!" Y/n exclaimed, grabbing his glass of water in attempt to wash it down. Wanda looked over at Bucky with wide eyes, she thought they'd made something that was somewhat nice. "Sand?! Bucky, how much flour did you put in?" She asked in surprise. Bucky's eyes widened, putting his hands up in defense. "Don't blame me! Sam was the one that poured almost a whole bag of flour over my head!" He exclaimed.

Natasha and y/n turned to face one another with a laugh. "Shall we just say that we won? Neither of these cakes were edible..." Natasha grinned.