131

Complete and utter freedom. It was something that y/n and Bucky had never experienced before, and it was amazing.

The pair travelled across the world side by side. Depending on where they were, they'd spend either a few days or a few weeks in each country. From scuba diving to sneaking into crazy concerts, they did everything, and there was still so much more to do on y/n's map. It almost felt like a honeymoon, but of course neither of them wanted to admit that. It was just nice for it to be just y/n and Bucky, nobody else.

There had been a few times where the pair thought that they were going to get caught, but they'd somehow managed to slip away from those situations pretty quickly. A few bar fights here and there, a few petty insults to the wrong person, and some times where their fake IDs almost didn't work. But, the scariest situation happened during a visit to a museum in France. A young kid noticed y/n using his powers (nothing major, he was just messing with one of the guards), but of course that was enough for the kid to recognise who it was and who he was with. So he started shouting out their names and pointing toward them. The kid was only young and wanted to say hello, but the scene he caused was enough for y/n and Bucky to book a flight out of France straight away. Y/n did feel bad about it, and if they weren't on the run he would've happily stopped for a photo, but they couldn't risk it.

However, their weirdest experience was definitely during their time in Budapest. Y/n and Bucky had their guards completely down, casually strolling through the streets as they enjoyed their ice creams. One of the main reasons why y/n wanted to visit Budapest was because of the ice cream. He'd heard of a lovely little store that shaped every ice cream into perfect roses. It may seem childish to be so enamoured by ice cream, but little details like that were what he adored.

Anyway, the pair had been casually strolling when the sounds of explosions and gunshots appeared out of nowhere. Of course they immediately took cover in a nearby alleyway, both of them preparing to press their emergency buttons and fight. But, nobody was trying to attack them. A tank-looking vehicle and a woman on a motorcycle seemed to be chasing two women on another motorcycle. Y/n could've sworn that one of the women being chased was Natasha, but her being in Budapest didn't make sense. Especially with a random blonde girl on the back of her motorcycle. Nat was supposed to be on the run. Why would she be attracting attention like this? No, it couldn't of been her. Y/n was probably just seeing things, he hadn't seen the rest of the team in so long.

Currently, y/n and Bucky were sprinting down the golden beaches of the Maldives. They had been casually walking at first, but y/n knew exactly how to push Bucky's buttons, and he eventually snapped. Y/n's laughter and yelling could be heard for miles down the beach as he sprinted as fast as he could away from Bucky. "Please! I take it back! I take it back!" He exclaimed through laughter, his bare feet unable to find steady ground in the sand.

Of course it didn't take long for Bucky to catch up, laughing along with y/n. "It's too late!" He teased, scooping y/n up with one arm as he threw him over his shoulder. Bucky was making a beeline for the ocean, and y/n knew it. He wasn't actually mad, but that was pretty obvious by the happy smile on his face. He adored all of the freedom that they had together. They could finally be themselves and not worry about any sort of mission or team drama. It was just Bucky and y/n.

He gasped as he realised that Bucky was making a beeline for the ocean. "Bucky... I swear to god if you drop me in the water-" Y/n warned, squirming around in attempt to escape from his hold. But Bucky didn't seem to be turning around. "Bucky! Don't you dare! I'll kill you! I mean it!" Y/n shouted, continuing to laugh as he desperately punched at his back in attempt to get him to let go. They weren't even in swimwear. He opened his mouth to shout again, but before any sound could come out, Bucky dunked him into the ocean.

Y/n hit the water with a crash, his whole body getting submerged. He thrashed around a little, bubbles appearing out of his nose as he gained his bearings. "You piece of shit!" Y/n exclaimed as his head finally popped out of the water. He spat out some of the seawater that he'd almost swallowed, wiping his eyes with his hands. He swiftly splashed Bucky with as much seawater as he could, managing to start a splashing fight between the pair.

After a while, y/n and Bucky were sat side-by-side on the beach. They were both completely soaked, but the warm evening air was enough to stop them from getting cold. The sun was slowly setting on the horizon, and the pair could see it perfectly. It was beautiful. God, how did they get so lucky to be able to enjoy paradises like this?

Y/n's head was resting comfortably on Bucky's shoulder, both completely silent as they watched the sun set. They were exhausted. Their eyes stung from the salty seawater, and their cheeks had that oddly-comforting tingle after being in the sun for too long. Nobody else was around, and that was exactly how they wanted it. No need to be undercover, no need to be on alert. They could just be themselves. He was so, so grateful. Y/n just wished that they could stay like that forever, but the fact that they were on the run was always in the back of his mind.

Bucky soon glanced over at y/n, a fond smile appearing on his face. He just wanted to appreciate him for a little while. Everything about him was perfect to him. From the way that the light reflected off of his eyes during sunsets to the way that he'd refuse to look at Bucky whilst drinking any type of drink because he knew that he'd snort it back out. He couldn't believe how lucky he was that he'd met someone like y/n. However, the small smile appearing on y/n's face made him realise that he'd been staring for too long. He quickly turned his head back toward the sunset, trying to act as if y/n hadn't caught him staring, but the way that his cheeks were heating up made it pretty obvious. "So, what's our next destination, Doll?" Bucky asked in attempt to change the subject.

Y/n couldn't wipe the bashful smile off of his face. He knew whenever Bucky was staring at him, but he never openly admitted it to him. It was sweet, really sweet. And he never wanted to ruin that moment. He just couldn't believe that he'd found such a perfect love. His eyes lit up at the mention of their next destination, yet his gaze stayed glued to the sunset. Bucky was going to hate him for what he was about to say, and that just made him want to go even more. "We're going to visit Peter." He hummed casually, still refusing to make eye contact with Bucky.

"What?!"