70

Y/n wasn't drunk. Just a bit buzzed. But he was having a good time, now that his speech was over he could relax and enjoy the party, and that was exactly what he did. The first round of shots were bought by Thor, then Natasha, then Tony, and the last round of shots were coming from Sam. The alcohol wasn't nice, it burnt the back of his throat every single time, but the mean kick that it had made it addictive. He wasn't drunk at all, he just felt a little more floaty than usual, it was fun. But, above all, it was nice just seeing the whole team completely relax for once. Nobody had future missions on their minds, nobody had any worries, nothing. Everyone was in the moment and enjoying it.

The team mostly stayed at their little table for the whole night, of course there were some exceptions when it came to wanting to dance or check on Peter, but they seemed quite happy just sticking together. Y/n was comfortably squished in between Steve and Bucky, slowly sipping away at a blue drink that Natasha had bought for him. He had no clue what it was, he'd just picked it out because it was blue. "I still can't believe you almost let a guy get away because you were too busy listening to music." Sam teased with a laugh, leaning back on his chair. Y/n's eyes widened, his cheeks heating up out of embarrassment as he set his drink down on the table. "Hey! I still caught him!" He exclaimed defensively, not seeming to mind when Bucky picked up her drink, presumably to try it. Sam rolled his eyes with a laugh. "Yeah, after you got the earpiece and earphone mixed up, and managed to take your earpiece out so the rest of the team couldn't talk to you!" He exclaimed, chuckling slightly at the thought of that day. Y/n leant back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest with a huff. "You know what? If you want to mock me so much, I'll just let you handle it next time." He shrugged casually, earning a few 'ooo's from the rest of the team.

However, before he could hear Sam's response, Bucky had set his drink back down, revealing that he'd only left a tiny bit of the drink left for y/n. Y/n gasped, playfully pushing Bucky's shoulder. "I didn't think you'd drink that much! You should've just bought your own drink!" He exclaimed, trying to sound annoyed but he couldn't help smiling at the sight of Bucky's smile.  Bucky shrugged, laughing slightly when y/n pushed his shoulder. "What? It was a good drink!" He said defensively, a mischievous smile on his face. "I know! I was enjoying it!" Y/n giggled, finishing off the rest of the drink with a single sip. Bucky laughed, wrapping an arm around y/n as he pulled him closer to him. As much as the drink was actually good, Bucky had actually drunk most of it to make sure y/n didn't get completely drunk. He knew he probably hadn't had alcohol in a long, long time, so he didn't want y/n to go too far and have a horrible hangover in the morning.

Super soldiers couldn't get drunk, so alcohol was basically just juice for Steve and Bucky. A lot of people had learnt that the hard way, especially Tony. The first time that Steve attended one of Tony's parties, the pair weren't really on good terms. Tony didn't like the fact that Steve was better than him, and Steve just didn't like Tony's attitude - they still aren't on perfect terms, but they can at least tolerate one another. So, Tony decided to try and outdrink Steve to show him that he was better. Yeah, it didn't end well. Steve tried to warn Tony, but he didn't listen. Tony ended up on the floor that night, and it wasn't because anyone punched him.

The party eventually ended, and the team were left to clear up the countless glasses and spilt drinks. "Hey, do you think this'll suit me?" Natasha asked with a smile, pulling on a suit jacket that someone had left behind. Steve rolled his eyes, holding his hand to take the jacket from Natasha. "Come on, that's not yours. How would you feel if someone wore your things?" He scolded, taking the jacket and tossing it in the pile of things that were left behind. Natasha sighed dramatically as Steve scolded her. "You're no fun." She frowned, picking up a few more glasses and cups. "No, I'm just tired. And we can't leave until this is all cleared." He hummed, beginning to mop up a puddle of spilt lemonade. It had been a long night. A good one, but long. "We do have cleaners, you know." Tony sighed, relaxing on one of the armchairs. There was no way he was tidying up. "Yeah, but it's not fair on them. They didn't make the mess, why should they clean it?"

Y/n was sat out on the roof, allowing his feet to hang off of the edge as he stared out into the night sky. He'd had a great time. There was no drama, no stress. It was nice to seem like a normal group of friends for once. Yes, they were together all the time, but a normal group of friends didn't go on mission every week. A normal group of friends went to parties and relaxed, just like they did tonight. He still felt a little tipsy, but it wasn't too bad. Bucky had been making sure that he'd been drinking a lot of water. God, what did he do to deserve someone like him. A small smile appeared on y/n's face as he thought about it, completely in his own mind. This was the happiest he'd been in a long while, and it was all because of the team - especially Bucky. Yes, they had their moments, but y/n wouldn't change it for the world. Almost every day y/n laughed hard enough that his stomach hurt, and it was always for a different reason. Who else could say they had that?

Y/n was soon ripped from his thoughts by the sound of footsteps behind him. His smile just seemed to widen at the sound of them. He knew who it was. Well, at least he thought he did...

"Hello, bubba."