25

Y/n and Bucky wandered around the market for at least a few hours, just enjoying one another's company. They tried different foods and looked at all the little trinkets the stalls had to offer, and did as much as they could. In their own little world, just focused on one another. Well, at least y/n was.

Bucky was still a little paranoid at times, scanning their surroundings to try and spot anything dangerous in the crowds. Of course there was never anything there, but he still wanted to check. Y/n was happily talking to one of the vendors at a stall that sold hats - it turned out that the vendor had been collecting them from all over the world, so he was currently being told one of the stories that came with a hat. Bucky had tried to listen at first, but then took his chance to check their surroundings again. Everything seemed to be fine, but he double-checked anyway, and he was glad he was. He muttered something under his breath in annoyance, turning back around with a hand on y/n's back to get his attention. "We've got some fans." He murmured, pointing at hats to act normal. "Sam and Natasha seem to think that watching us is the best thing to do for the day." Bucky said quietly. Y/n listened to Bucky carefully, also acting normal to not attract any suspicion. However, when he mentioned that it was Sam and Nat, he seemed to relax. They weren't dangerous. Just a nuisance. "Well, we should get them to leave us alone." He murmured back. Y/n picked out a cowboy hat from the stall, a scheming smile on his face. He bought the hat from the vendor, and asked to borrow a pen, writing a note on the back of the receipt. Bucky's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he watched y/n, tilting his head in attempt to read the note, but he folded it up too fast. "What're you doing?" He asked curiously, but y/n just seemed to smile at him. "You'll see." He grinned, tucking the note in to the cowboy hat. Bucky continued to frown, just wanting to be in on his antics. He handed the pen back to the vendor, but when he looked back to where y/n was stood, he was gone.

Y/n had teleported behind Sam and Natasha, a mischievous grin on his face. He reached up and took Sam's cap off of his head, replacing it with the cowboy hat before he could properly react. Y/n then teleported back to Bucky, reaching up and putting Sam's cap on his head. Bucky's eyes widened when y/n suddenly appeared in front of him just seconds after he'd disappeared. "Where did you- What did you do?" He asked with wide eyes. Bucky took the cap off of his head to see what it was, a mischievous smirk appearing once he noticed it was Sam's, putting it back on his head. "See for yourself." Y/n grinned, pointing over to where Sam and Natasha were stood.

All Sam felt when his hat was swapped was a gust of wind, continuing to watch Bucky. However, he recognised the cap that Bucky had just put on. Wait... That was his cap! What was he wearing then? Sam reached up with wide eyes, pulling the cowboy hat off of his head with a laugh. Natasha looked over at Sam in confusion, but then begun to laugh when she saw the cowboy hat. "I think they've caught us." She murmured, her cheeks going a little red out of embarrassment. Sam nodded in agreement, setting the cowboy hat down on a stall behind them so he could look at the note inside. "Seems like they've got something to say." He said curiously, unfolding the note carefully. Sam ended up unfolding it on the receipt side, frowning in confusion. "Or maybe they just want us to pay them back?" He suggested. Nat rolled her eyes, taking the receipt and flipping it to the other side, revealing a hand-written note that read 'Leave us alone! XOXO, Y/n and Buck' in bold letters. The pair laughed, both looking up to see y/n and Bucky watching them.

Bucky laughed at the sight of the cowboy hat. He tipped his cap at the pair, giving them a small wave. Sam shook his head with a fond smile. "You better give me that cap back!" Sam called out over the crowds that separated them. Bucky was just about able to hear him, but pretended he couldn't. A mischievous smile on his face as he cupped his hands beside his ears as a way of trying to hear Sam better. "What? Can't hear you!" Bucky shouted back, causing Sam to just roll his eyes with a laugh. Y/n laughed, giving a teasing wave over at the pair. Natasha raised her eyebrows at y/n, but she couldn't help but find it funny how smug the pair were. She nudged Sam with her elbow, leaning over to whisper something in his ear. Sam nodded with an excited look at whatever she suggested, a scheming smile on his face. Natasha looked back over at a curious-looking y/n, making sure he was watching. "This is you and Bucky!" She called out. Natasha and Sam then begun to dramatically fake kiss, their faces not even touching, but their kissy faces definitely brought the message across. Y/n and Bucky's eyes widened in surprise, both of their cheeks turning a few deep shades of red. Y/n laughed awkwardly, shaking his head and waiting for the pair to look at them. When they did, y/n stuck up his middle finger with an embarrassed look in his eyes. Bucky quickly covered up y/n's middle finger with a slight laugh. "C'mon, let's get out of here." He murmured. But, instead of taking y/n's hand as he usually would, he just set it almost in a friendly way on his shoulder as they weaved through the crowds away from Sam and Nat.

Both y/n and Bucky were unsure of how to react to what just happened. Y/n had never properly thought about their relationship, he'd never put a label on it. It was just y/n and Bucky, that was how it was. But it was far too soon to put anything too official on it. He never really thought too deeply in to it, it was just a nice thing they had. Bucky was a little scrambled over it too. He didn't know how he felt about y/n. He just knew they were close, but he wasn't fully sure of his feelings, and neither was he. But now that Natasha and Sam had brought it up, there seemed to be an awkward rift between the pair...