39

Y/n shrugged slightly with a sigh, taking a bite out of his sandwich to stall a little before he spoke up. "I don't know. I'm just-" Y/n paused, trying to think of the right word to say. "Overwhelmed? All of a sudden people know who I am. Which is great. Y'know, I've wanted that for a long time. But it's so scary." Y/n sighed, glancing down at the bustling city down below. "People are depending on me. Expecting me to become of the Avengers. Expecting me to save the day. All of a sudden I'm being watched at every angle, and it's so much pressure." Y/n said with an exasperated breath. He'd called Peter to hang out for a reason. He knew he'd completely understand the pressure he was under.

Peter listened intently, a small smile appearing on his face once he realised the real reason y/n had come to him. For advice. He'd never been the one to give advice before, this was exciting. No, no it wasn't exciting, this was a serious moment. Peter wiped the smile off of his face before y/n looked over at him, letting out a sigh as he tried his hardest to form the right words. "Well, that feeling doesn't go away." He said with a slight laugh, causing y/n to smile as he looked over at him. "But, what you do with that feeling is what make the biggest difference. You can let that feeling eat you up from the inside out, or you can let that feeling motivate you." Peter said seriously, enjoying the peaceful view they had. "People will look up to you, people will depend on you, but wherever you go that's going to happen. This is just on a bigger scale." He shrugged, taking a bite of his sandwich. "All I know is that they're going to love you. Not just because you're good in missions, they'll love you for you. Your personality. So don't be scared to be unapologetically you. Nobody wants to see a typical superhero, they want you. You're allowed to mess up, you're allowed to make accidents. I'm sure once they know you they'll love you." Peter reassured with a smile. Y/n grinned warmly, stopping his eating so he could properly listen to Peter. He didn't know how good he was at giving advice. "You know how I know they don't really care about missions? Whenever I search up Spiderman fan pages, all I see are videos of me being awkward at interviews, or me getting smacked into a building by an enemy. The amount of times I've seen the picture of me stuck to a building because you webbed me to it-" Peter laughed, shaking his head fondly. "But, what I'm trying to say is that they'll like you for you and nothing else. It doesn't matter if you mess up. Just be you. They know you're trying your best. They know." Peter hummed calmly, taking the final bite of his sandwich. Y/n smiled as he listened to Peter, taking everything in. Everything he said was perfect, exactly what he needed. "How are you so good at advice?" He teased, playfully nudging Peter with a grin. Peter rolled his eyes with a laugh, rummaging through the bag so he could find his drink. "I don't know! Usually I'm the one listening to advice all the time." He shrugged. Y/n laughed and took the final bite of his sandwich. "Well, you're good at it." He hummed.

Peter couldn't help but light up slightly. He actually helped someone with his advice. Someone actually listened to him. Usually they wouldn't listen because he was 'just a kid', so this was a great change. He was proud of himself. God, he couldn't wait to tell Ned about it later.

The pair talked for hours, just hopping from rooftop to rooftop to stay out of the way of the public. Peter was fine, but y/n's face was plastered everywhere at the moment. He'd left to escape the noise, not be surrounded by more. They talked about anything and everything, well, most of it was just Peter talking, but he didn't mind that. He understood that y/n was still struggling with his past, he didn't want to bring anything bad up. So, he talked about school, Ned, MJ, and all his different science projects. Honestly, he was happy to have someone to talk to about it, he knew he could talk to Tony about it all, but he never knew if he was listening or not. Y/n listened to every story, every detail. Chiming in every now and again out of curiosity. He loved to hear about Peter's life, he'd missed out almost all of his childhood due to Hydra, so it was nice to hear life from his perspective. Everything was much happier.

It didn't take long for the sun to set, but y/n and Peter were still hanging out. They'd found themselves walking through one of the parks in the city. It was late enough that y/n didn't need to hide away anymore, there wasn't anyone around but them. They seemed to be in their own little world, just happily rambling and talking when rain suddenly begun to pour. Y/n froze with a gasp as the freezing rain hit him. "Oh my god!" He laughed. Peter laughed too, grabbing y/n's arm excitedly. "Come on!" He called out over the thundering rain. Y/n laughed as he ran along with Peter, trying to cover his head with his arm, but it wasn't working too well. Instead of running to cover like y/n expected, Peter led them to the centre of the park. A happy grin on his face as he lay down on the pavement. Y/n's eyes widened, trying to pull Peter back up. "What're you doing?" He called out with a laugh. "Cover is right over there!" Y/n exclaimed. Peter shook his head, refusing to be pulled back up. "Lay down!" He laughed, instead trying to pull y/n down. "You'll love it, I promise!" After a few moments of bickering, y/n finally gave in, giggling as he lay down beside Peter in the rain. He felt so stupid, just laying down in public, but as he lay there he begun to feel more and more comfortable, a wide smile spreading across his face. "It's nice isn't it?" Peter grinned. Y/n nodded with a laugh, it was actually quite nice. Just enjoying the rain hit his face.

Nobody depending on them. Just them and the rain. A small moment of peace. The exact feeling of freedom y/n needed. No cares in the world.

Well, y/n and Peter had no cares. But back at the compound it was a different story...