Where are we Going?

Amber stared at the ceiling the only thing drowning out her thoughts was the sound of the door unlocking. Sitting up Amber prepared herself mentally and physically for any possible outcomes. "Here." Bryan shrugs throwing a bag to his daughter.

Amber stared at the bag for a moment before peeking inside. It was a new clean pair of clothes. Amber's eyebrows frowned as she wondered what the catch could be.

"What do you say?" Bryan asks as Amber lowers her head.

"Thank you, sir." She says loud and clear.

"Now change..." He mumbled sitting on the bed looking bored.

Amber stared at her father before realising he wasn't going to leave. Quickly she turned around getting changed.

"Come." He demanded as Amber was still putting her shirt over her head.

Amber followed her father up the stairs into the living room nibbling on her lip nervously. Jed stalks up to Amber grabbing her wrist with a death grip.

"Car packed?" Bryan asks

"Yes." Jed nods before pushing Amber out of the house into the cold air.

The grass and trees were dead. It made Amber wonder how long before Christmas or maybe it has already passed, there was not a speck of snow though which gave her hope that Christmas was still a long time away.

"May I ask a question, Sir?" Amber asked the question towards Jed as he is normally nicer than her father.

"Hm?" Jed asks sliding into the driver seat.

"What is the date?" Amber mumbled.

"Uh, the twenty-fourth of the twelfth, two thousand and one, why?"

Amber's eyes widen, tomorrow was Christmas. Amber had to fight with herself to hold back the tears as memories played.

"Thought you would've asked where we are going..." Jed says with a shrug.

"Could I please also know where we are going, sir?" Amber asks nicely as Bryan gets in the car.

"No Now shut up! I have duct tape I am not afraid of tapping your mouth shut!" Bryan says with anger rubbing his head leaning back in his chair.