The Man Named Rat

Jed shrugged against the wall staring down at the front door tapping his foot over and over again. Jed rolled his neck to the side at the clock.

"That stupid dick head." He mumbled under his breath, his mind was deciding if he should just skip the meeting or leave Amber by herself. It wouldn't be the first time she was alone but she had quite a fever this morning when he checked on her and he was worried.

A loud stretch outside caused the boy to let out a sigh of relief.

Bryan's car swung violently into the driveway. Grabbing his black coat Jed wrapped it around himself so he wouldn't freeze in the cold.

"Hey where have you bee-" Jed gets cut short by Bryan's harsh grabbing of his shirt shoving his face right up to his.

"What the fuck are you doing here!?" He spits in at the young boy's face.

Jed shoves Bryan off of him as the smell of alcohol was too much.

"I was waiting for you, chill out!" Jed pronounced loudly, pushing past him to the car unlocking it about to step in. Bryan snorts and walks into the house making a loud slam. Jed placed one foot in the car when it hits him, Bryan is drunk, home alone with sick Amber. Jed pushes his hair away from his eyes as he stares at the house before getting in and driving off not wanting to be late.

She would be fine. He told himself.

Jed looked down at the dark hallway of steps leading down, he walked down the steps, taking his time. The back of his shoes made a loud clicking noise echoing through the hallway. Finally, he came to a stop as he is presented with an old metallic, metal, rusty, green door. Taking a gulp He knocked on it 4 times in a certain beat. The door swings open within a second. A man grabbing Jed's arm and pulling him inside. Jed looked around quickly as his eyes got used to the new light. It was a dark room with only about three lights hanging very dangerously low off the ceiling. As his eyes looked all around the room he noticed there were about twenty other men and maybe ten girls all around the room all staring at him.

"Got any weapons?" A man asks that was standing right next to Jed, who then started to check his body for weapons.

"Uh, no I am here to speak with Rat?" Jed says looking down at the man as he finished tapping his bottom left leg, giving everyone the 'all clear' sign.

"And who wants to speak to rat?" People gasp around the room as they all turn to a dark corner from where the deep voice had come from.