Chapter 4

By the time I made it outside he was already in the car waiting. I quickly got in not wanting to anger him any more than he already is. The car was cold but I didn't complain as I sat down. He started the car and drove down the street. "Address," he said with his eyes fixed on the road.

I shyly gave him my address and looked out the window. The car was really cold so I wrapped my arms around my waist in search of warmth. That's when I remembered the ring on my finger. I brought it to my face to properly examine it. It had a really big diamond on it.
It looked quite expensive so I remove it from my finger.

Once I get home--- I'm going to take a bath--- go to bed--- and most importantly forget this day that ever happened.

People do one-night stands all the time, so I'll get over it. We pulled up to my house, I opened the door and got out. Before I closed it, I placed the ring on the passenger seat.

"Thank you" was all I said as turned and practically ran to my door. I took the spare key from under the rug and opened the door to my home. With a heavy heart, I made my way to the bathroom and started the bath. I felt dirty and everything ounce of my skin disgusted me. I quickly removed Daniel's clothes and throw them into the dryer.

I removed my underwear and lowered myself into the warm water. Every muscle in my body relaxed as it made contact with the water, and the delicious ache between my legs decreased.

As I bathed, my mind raced through the events that led to now. Saying I'm disappointed in my actions is the understatement of the year. My Nona made so much effort in raising me to be a respectable woman and here I am having sex with strangers. I almost cried as I relived the events that happened this morning.

Disappointment and regret were the main reasons for my tears.

You are pathetic Amanda, utterly PATHETIC

I got out as the water got cold. I didn't bother looking in the mirror, because I might just start to cry.
I wore my pajamas and switched off the lights as I lay under my covers. I stared into the darkness for hours before I drifted off to sleep.

°°°°

When I woke up the next morning I listened to my best friend Dom Williams and went through my morning routine like the walking dead and got dressed in my usual attire. I took one quick look in the mirror as I noticed my lifeless eyes but couldn't bare to look at the undignified woman any longer so walked out of my apartment.

My head hung low matching my dignity as I made it to the front of my office building. Jake was busy helping an old woman cross the road when I arrived and I took the opportunity to dash to the elevator.
I got in with Anna and Sabrina but I didn't bother greeting them today.

Once the elevator reached my floor I walked out and made my way to my office but Mr. Roots stopped me on the way.
" Good morning dear, I hope you are feeling better today?" he said as he stood in front of me.

With a tight smile, I looked up at him and said " yes sir, sorry if my absence yesterday caused any inconvenience,"

" Nonsense, you deserved a day to relax," he said squeezing my shoulder. " Anyway now that you are here, Mr. Anderson will be arriving soon for the meeting I hope you have all the required documents,"

" Yes sir I had them ready in advance," I said

" Okay, see you in the meeting," he said as I nodded and walked into my office. I felt content as the thought of work helped brighten my mood. I distracted myself by double-checking the things needed for the meeting.

When it was time I fixed my glasses and skirt and walked into the meeting room with the little confidence I had. Mr. Roots was already there along with other colleagues. I quickly took my seat and waited for Mr. Anderson. I felt Sabrina burning gaze on me but I ignored her.

I was busy writing down some extra ideas I thought of as the door opened. We all raised to greet Mr. Anderson but as landed on the man in front of me I almost fainted, my legs went weak and my chest tightened as I looked at Daniel.

I quickly looked at my feet as I tried to normalize my breathing. This can't be happening, I was supposed to never see him again. He sat down the Infront of Mr. Roots as the meeting started.

We all took our sits, and with my eyes, on my lap, my mind started racing with self-loathing thoughts again in memory of my mistake. I managed to gather myself together just in time as I heard Mr. Roots call my name. " Excuse me, " I say fixing my eyes on him.

" Do you have any problems with the contract?" he repeated

" Uhm no sir" I replied lowly as looked anywhere but at him.

" Okay then with that being said, I think you have yourself a deal Mr. Anderson," Mr. Roots said. They signed a few more papers and the meeting was over.
Everyone started leaving as I began to pack up my stuff. I was on my way out as heard my name being called. I turned face to face with Daniel.

" We need to talk." he began but my nerves got the better of me as rushed out the door and speed-walked to the elevator. Sabrina along with Anna and a few other colleagues that I recognized stood there waiting for the elevator as well.

" Amanda," Sabrina said and I looked at her concerned face " I heard you were not feeling well yesterday," she taunts putting her hand on my shoulder

"Uhm yes, but I'm better," I said giving her a smile.

"That we can certainly tell, " Anna says

" What do mean?" I asked feeling confused

" Oh don't play dumb the love bites on your neck are all I needed to prove the slut you are," she spits with a disgusted look. I touched my neck in search of what she speaks.

" Love what!" I ask with tears in my eyes.

" You can stop the games now, we all know that your innocent act was fake," one of the guys says

" So tell me, Amanda, what were you really doing yesterday," Sabrina said crossing her arms.

I couldn't take it anymore as tears escaped my eyes. I cried into my hands as turned around to run but hit a wall. No, not a wall, a warm hard chest. A hand pushed my head further into the chest before I could pull away.

" What my wife and I do in our free time is non of your business," the angry voice said which I soon recognized as Daniels. Wait, wife?

" Oh Mr. Anderson we didn't know," Anna said quickly.

" If I ever hear you speak about her like that again I won't hesitate to make you regret it," he growled.

I heard the elevator open and close and assumed they had all left. Daniel used one of his hands to lift my chin so he could look into my eyes. "Amanda, we really need to talk," he said with a serious face.

I nodded as I pulled away from his embrace and lead the way to my office with him following close behind me.

*****************************************

Hey, hunnies ❤️
I don't know if cheering is done here... So just vote instead