Chapter 21

Daniel pov

" How long does she have? " the question lingers on my tongue as my eyes remain on Amanda.

" Minimum 4 months sir, if not less, "

I divert my eyes to the nurse. " when can she be discharged?"

" Tomor--, " he didn't get to finish his sentence as we heard a loud bag next to us.

I rush to find Amanda on the floor, passed out. " Can I get some fucking help over here! "

Panic filled me as I saw little blood on her head. The nurses took her body from my arms and placed her on a stretcher. I watched as they rushed her to a room which I quickly followed behind. I didn't like what I was seeing. No, I didn't like it at all. 

Seeing them put machines on her made me feel anxious even though I knew its for hwn benefit. I didn't like seeing her helpless. The same helplessness that I saw back home made me jump on a plane with her, but this one is worse. " Sir, it's nothing to worry about she just fainted due to emotional distress." 

I nod and sit next to her bed. " When will she wake up? "

" in a few hours, we gave her a sedative, her body is weak she needs the rest, "

I nod again with my eyes focused on her face. I brash a strand of her curly hair off her face. She looked so peaceful. So effortlessly beautiful. All I can do is stare at her. I place her hand in mine and kiss her knuckles. I've never met such an understanding person. She's considerate but yet so bold on the things she wants, so naive but yet so mature. I have never met anybody like her. She confuses me.

She can go from being shy to sassy in a blink of an eye but there's one thing I know for sure. Her heart is too pure for this world. I let out a chuckle and dropped her hand. She makes me feel things I don't want. 'Like caring'.

I walk out of the room even though it makes me uncomfortable in my chest. I make my way back to her Grandmothers room. I knock. " May I come in? "

" Yes dear, " She says warmly.

I make my way to her bed and sit on the chair beside it. " What did you say your name was dear? "

" Danial," 

" Where is Amanda? "

"She fainted due to stress, they gave her something to help her,"

" Oh my poor baby, she has always been too sensitive for such things, " Shes sighs, before making eye contact with me. " So what's your business, with my granddaughter? "

" She's my wife,"

" heard that, " she rolled her eyes sitting up. " what kind of witchcraft did you do on my poor child,"

" excuse me?" the remark caught me off guard.

" how else would you explain it then," she exclaims. " all of a sudden I'm upgraded to a private nursing home with expensive treatment plans and now I'm sitting in a VIP room, it's either you blackmailing her or you are using witchcraft because there is no way my Amanda would get a sugar daddy, "

I was too stunned to speak but I understood where her concern was coming from. Why didn't Amanda inform her grandmother that she is married, it would have made the situation more manageable.  How do I explain this? 

"Ma'am,ly mean no harm, " I say calmly. " I really care for your granddaughter and I don't know why she failed to inform you about our situation and unfortunately I don't think it's my place to tell you that,"

"And as for all this," I gesture to the room. " is just because you are the most important person in her life, and making sure you are probably taken care of is my responsibility because her happiness lies in it, " I say sincerely 

I don't get a response from her she just kisses her teeth and mumbles things under her breath. I sit there for about two minutes in complete silence and just watch as the elderly woman shows no interest in keeping this conversation going which is good because I don't know what else I could possibly say to her. 

' Amanda should get up and handle her grandmother'

I stand and look over at her. " I hope I didn't offend you in any way, I'll make sure to inform you when she wakes, " with that, I leave the room.

***************************************************

Hey Hunnies, hope you all are enjoying the plot twists 

please don't forget to like comment, and share.

yey... we are on the road to 10k reads, isn't that amazing. Thank y'all for the love and support