Chapter 22

Still Danails pov

I was never into music. In fact, I loved the silence, it gives me time to think and evaluate. I don't know how she does it. Whenever she gets the chance she always has to have some sort of noise playing in the background. She tends to play classics early in the morning and RnB late at night, occasionally she also listens to rap. I wonder how one can be so okay with constant noise.  Maybe she hates the silence?

I go on my phone and play a song a heard her play a few times as I wait for her to wake up. She has been asleep for a long time. I even had time to go and change. Her grandmother was given permission to be discharged already. 

I avoid going anywhere near her until Amanda talks to her, but I still make sure that she is taken care of. I see her start to move in the bad. She lets out a cute yawn and rubs her eyes before blinking a couple of times before fully opening them. She gives me a half smile when she sees me sitting on the couch in the room. " Hey, "

" Morning, " I say making my way to her. " you have been asleep for almost the whole day, "

" Sorry, " she apologizes and looks away. Why would she looks away, I want to see her face.

" Hmmm, are you feeling better? "

" yes, " she says meeting my eyes again. She looks appealing for someone that just woke up from a 12-hour nap. " How is Nona? "

" She stable enough to be discharged, " I stop the music playing. " You didn't tell her you got married?" 

" uhm yeah, well... no, " She sighs. " I didn't know how to bring it up to her, Nona is lovely but she isn't the easiest to fool and I'm not good at lying.. especially to her, " she runs a hand through her curls.

" You should have that conversation with her soon, " I say, my tone coming out more flat than intended. " I'll go arrange for you both to be discharged and consult the doctor to see if your grandmother is cleared for flying," 

" Flying? " 

" Yes, she is coming back with us, she only has four months to live I don't think you would like it if she were to spend it in a nursing home, "

As if something in her clicks her face goes static. " four months? " she whispers to herself and covers her face with her hands. I should have probably informed her in a better way. "Daniel? "

she whimpers my name as she starts crying. She silently sobs and the uncomfortable feeling in my chest returns. I don't know how my arms ended up around her with her head in the nap of my neck. She makes small fists with my shirt as her tears wet it. I have no idea what I can possibly say to make her feel better, so I do nothing. I just sit there and hold her. 

I would prefer any other type of noise instead of the sound of her cries. They aren't pleasant at all. I don't know for long she cried if it was 5 minutes or 1 hour but she fall asleep. Never seen someone cry themselves to sleep before.

I softly place her head onto the pillow and brush her hair out of her face before covering her with a blanket. Her eyes are all puffy and her nose is now a light shade of pink. I place a feather-like kiss on her forehead. "Sarai bene, tesoro.  " ' you are going to be okay 

With all the strength I can gather I manage to leave the room, so I can start arranging for our flight back home. I wish I knew how to comfort her. I sigh heavily as my phone rings. Voranicas' name flashes on the screen. What could this puttana possibly want? I decline the call and proceed to block her number. 

" tell the pilot to prepare the jet, we are flying out in 3 hours," I say to the driver. " And appoint the best personal nurse they have to go with us. "

**********************

Hey, hunnies

Im so happy with how the plot is going, don't know if y'all like it or not.

My book has been rated #9 in contemporarylit and I couldn't be happier. Thank you all for your love and support. Please don't forget to comment, share and vote your feedback is always appreciated.