Chapter 6

Today I woke up sounds of August Alsina. I went through my morning routine quite slowly due to my singing and dancing. By the time I was out the door, I only had 15 min to get to work. I walked up to my office building and gave Jake a beaming smile. " Top of the morning to you," I said while walking through the door. " Morning Miss Amanda," he said returning a smile.

By the elevator Sandra and Anna were already inside I quickly rushed in before the doors could close. When the elevator started moving Anna decided to speak up. "So tell me Mrs. Anderson where did you and your beloved husband meet," she asked accusingly.

" At a fundraiser awhile back " I lied looking at my shoes.

" Can you please stop lying through your teeth, there is no way someone like you could end up with someone like Mr. Anderson " said Sandra spat.

" I don't know how you got him to play along with you last time but I won't fall for it," Anna said and they continued talking about my weight, glasses, and other stuff that I choose to ignore because it gave me more reason to agree to the offer.

I want to prove them wrong but more importantly, do it for my Nona.

I entered my office with a newfound determination and dialed Daniel's number.

" Hello," a steady rough voice said from the other side of the line.

" Uhm hi, it's Amanda," I said softly feeling all shy now. " I'm calling about your offer"

" So have you decided," he asked

" Yes, that's why I called," I said as started biting my lip " I was wondering if you could drop by my office so we could probably discuss the terms"

"I'll come after my meeting, somewhere around 9," he said and I nodded forgetting that he can't see me.

With a quick" oke. e" I hung up and went straight to my office. I did some work on my computer double checking contracts and looking for loopholes and errors.

°°°°

I was going through some paperwork when I heard a knock on the door, without looking up I yelled come in!

When I looked up I was staring into pots of honey. Today he wore a navy blue suit with a matching tie which was complimenting his flawless skin. I bet he baths in milk. He was already sitting by the time I looked up.

" Mr. Anderson... sorry I mean Daniel, " I said as I started packing up the documents laying all over my desk " Uhm hi, " I said when I was finally down. Yet he didn't respond and just stared at me. So I took the liberty of starting the conversation " so about the offer " I begin while playing with my pen " what are the conditions"

" It's quite simple Amanda, I'll introduce you to my parents when they come back from Italy in the meantime we have to work on making this marriage look as real as possible. I would take you out here and there so people can see us together. In public, we'll be the ideal couple and in return, I pay some of the medical bills " he said without removing his eyes from me.

I stayed silent for a while processing the information. Will this even work?

I doubt people will believe someone like him is with a plain Jane like me. Won't his parents be suspicious of the sudden marriage? How do I explain to my Nona that I'm married to a guy she doesn't even know?

I was pulled out of my thoughts as he put a document in Infront of me " I had my lawyer draw a draft of the contract, I'll give you time to read it through. " I took the folder in my hands and nodded for him to continue. " The contract is very detailed so I doubt you will have a problem understanding it, if the terms are not to your liking then call me, and can find a middle ground "

" Do you really think this will work" I asked while aimlessly flipping through the contract.

" Yes, if we stick to the script. You'll have to finish reading through the contract before Monday" he said still eyeing. I shifted in my seat as I started to feel the intensity of his staring. Before I could respond he stood up checking the time " I have a meeting to attend right now but we will continue this conversation over the phone " and with that, he felt.

I put the contract along with the ring in my office bag and went back to work.

When I got home I changed into some biker shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I then ordered some Hawaiian pizza. I personally love pineapple on pizza.

I sat down on my couch with the contract in one hand. I read through the basics until I came to the conditions :

1. This is a non-disclosure deal. Meaning that no one is to know about it.

2. We would have to live together for the duration of the agreement.

3. I would attend family functions with you and vice versa.

4. There shall be no infidelity, therefore you should have no other relationship outside our marriage.

5. You will have to go by Mrs. Anderson as a formality.

6. You have no right to claim anything from me after the divorce.

I picked up my phone and dialed his number. He picked up on the second ring " hello " he said with a rough voice.

" Evening it's Amanda," I said feeling stupid for calling him at this hour. " I hope I didn't wake you"

" Is there a problem with the contract?" he asked getting right to the point.

" Uhm yes, do we really need to stay together " I have never lived with anyone other than Nona.

" Yes, it will make it more believable "

" oke. e but I don't like the sound of Amanda Anderson "

" Well technically according to our marriage certificate you are already Amanda Jane Anderson," he said matter-of-factly. " Is there anything else Amanda?"

" No," I said

" You will be moving in tomorrow then, send me your address and I'll come to pick you up," he said

" So soon," I asked in shock.

" Yes, don't forget to send your address " and with that, he hanged up. And finally saved his number to Avocado.

It fits his personality perfectly.

I packed until 1. By that time I was exhausted and went straight to bed.

*****************************************
Hey, hunnies ❤️
Pickles are just small cucumbers.
A vote and comment would really make my day.