Chapter 20

Once we landed a car was waiting for us and drove us down to the hospital. The usual nine-hour flight only took us five hours. My heart was beating so fast as the anticipation of seeing my Nona drown on me. I wonder how she's doing, she's my only family and I don't what I would do if I lost her. 

I have only been to the US that one time I dropped her off at the nursing home. I almost forgot beautiful it was. Daniel as expected was still busy typing things on his laptop. I always wanted my own company but in the months I have watched him work day and night. I think I'm okay with my current position for now. 

I turn my attention back to the view outside my window and feel the training in my eyes. That's when it hits me. MY Glasses. I forgot my glasses. I haven't been wearing them a lot for the past weeks and that's just because I felt like my eyesight was getting better without them. plus they would always give me a migraine if I wore them for too long. How I managed to be this long without them is shocking really.

Nothing in my life is normal anymore. I never even had a boyfriend but now I'm somebody's wife. Which I was doing a good job on until I peed on him. I still cringe thinking about it. I don't know how a husband is supposed to act but I don't have any complaints about Daniel. He is a very clean person, he never misses places anything and always cleans up after himself. He has a routine life. wakes up, exercise has breakfast, goes to work, picks me up, go home, eat, and then he does more work than goes to sleep before midnight. On most days we exchange 7 to 8 words.

Now that I think about it, this nigga probably has OCD or some shit.

The car comes to a stop. We are here, we start getting out of the car and I attempt to take out our bags. " No, leave it the driver is taking it to the hotel, " Daniel uttered. 

With my phone in my hand, I followed him as we made our way to the reception. " Mrs Johnson please" 

" Your name sir, "

" Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, " She inquired as she went through some papers. " Okay sign here, "  she hands him a register. " you will find her on the 5th floor, room 42,"

Daniel starts to walk towards the elevator and I do a little power walk but not before whispering a ' Thank you' to the receptionist. 

how I came to have a crush on such a rude person I don't know.

 the elevator ride was short and soon we were standing in front of room 42. I quickly rushed to open the door. " Nona, " 

She was sitting on the bed and was chatting up a male nurse. " Oh Hey sweetheart, I wasn't expecting you for another few hours, " I run to her and wrapped my hands around her, and immediately started crying. " Amanda, "  she coed. "What's wrong my love, why are you crying, Imperfectly fine. "

" I th. I I. I thought I lost you, "   

" Oh, darling I'm not going anywhere, " she laughed. " And who is this handsome young thing? "

I wipe my tears and look at Daniel standing on the other side of the bed. " Evening ma'am, I'm Daniel, " he explained with a warm smile. 

" Well, aren't you just a sight for sore eyes, "

" Nona, " I jokingly scold her. " He's my Husband, "

" you found yourself quite the catch, sweetheart. "

" No ma'am, I'm the lucky one, " Daniels says locking eyes with me for a few seconds before looking away. 

'It's just an act, Amanda, pull yourself together '

" Ma'am, sir... May I please talk to you outside, " the nurse says. I almost forgot he was here.

" yeah, sure,"

We follow him outside the room. " Yes," Daniel urges him to talk.

" the patient has been suffering from heart failure for a long time now which leads to the duration of the vessels that deliver blood to and from the heart, which is what cost the heart attack earlier."

"Okay, so what are the treatment options," Daniel inquires. I'm too stunned to speak. I knew she had heart problems but I didn't expect it to be so serious.

"Unfortunately, there's not much that we can do... Surgery is too risky at her age so all we can do is subscribe to her prescription to help her with the pain and prevent blood clots, "

I didn't feel myself falling until I felt Daniels's hands around my waist. " it's okay, I got you, " he says leading me to a nearby chair. " I'll go talk to the nurse.

My life has never been the easiest and it's been full of pain, but nothing has ever hurt like this. I felt as though my heart was being ripped right off my chest.

' Nona is dying'

Everything before was blurry, I couldn't make out anything before me. My head was spinning and before I knew it. Everything went black.

*****************************************

Hey, hunnies 💜

Hope all is well.

Please, comment, vote, and share
Your feedback is highly appreciated .